injector help

moose99psd

Reaction score
I have yet to hear a farmer's injected truck idle well. Allways sounds like crap. Not trying to bash or start anything just real world facts.

from my butt

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The injectors are brand new. I had 320/100 before and they seemed quite a bit quieter at idle.

Farmers again or different brand?

I dont understand why ANYONE would stick a 100% nozzle on anything bigger then a 160cc injector. Just retarded.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
The injectors are brand new. I had 320/100 before and they seemed quite a bit quieter at idle.

I noticed the miss while driving based off sound. The idle is very choppy. IPR sleeve nut is tight. Did not check the oil. I am running Farmers Double D's 400/400. The motor is bored .20 over, hypermax rods, complete seal rings, girdle, ported and polished heads. HPOP is terminators, fuel system is a custom made regulated return. I am starting to lean towards a tuning issue because the miss only occurs at idle and light throttle. If I apply more throttle the miss goes away and the truck runs good.

I am running DP Tuning.

Have you had Jody re-write your tunes for bigger injectors? If you haven't I would start with that. You need to have your tunes match your setup.

And, could you post a video of this "miss" you are talking about? It kind of sounds like you are mistaking the sound a 400/400 makes for a miss LOL Have you ever heard 400/400's before?

I am not doubting that you have a miss at all, just want to rule out that it is not standard big single shot injector noise. The main reason I am wondering is because you said it gets better with more throttle. Usually a true miss will get worse under a load or more throttle.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score

That's most likely because of 3 reasons.
1. You now have a 400% nozzle.
2. Your gonna need a lot of tweaking of your tunes
3. Your old injectors were done by Nate at Unlimited. Why you switched to farmers I have no idea.

Blowby

Reaction score
If you listen to the beginning of this vid you can hear Swamp's 400/400's idle. Does your idle sound much different? I will be working on some Farmers 400/400's on the 15-18 of Nov. so I can take a video at idle and some 1/4 mile passes if you want.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

strok-n

Reaction score
The injectors I had before where from unlimited. Started data logging today and I notice that once the truck gets up to operating temp the ICP drops by about 100-200 PSI. As soon as that happens the truck starts to get a lope to it. When its cold it is smooth. So I am thinking that I need to get my ICP raised on my tunes.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
The injectors I had before where from unlimited. Started data logging today and I notice that once the truck gets up to operating temp the ICP drops by about 100-200 PSI. As soon as that happens the truck starts to get a lope to it. When its cold it is smooth. So I am thinking that I need to get my ICP raised on my tunes.

I would say you are correct. Give Jody a shout, and he will have you taken care of. BTW, it is normal for ICP to drop some when the oil is up to temp.

strok-n

Reaction score
Hey I would appreciate some video of when you work on those injectors. Honestly when my truck is cold it sounds a little smoother than that, but once it warms up it gets choppy.

Blowby

Reaction score
Hey I would appreciate some video of when you work on those injectors. Honestly when my truck is cold it sounds a little smoother than that, but once it warms up it gets choppy.

It's fully warmed since I just drove up for emissions testing and I'm running a stage II cam so that plays a little in the idle sound. I'll take a few vid's on the truck running Farmers for you.

Arisley

Reaction score
Tuning for Farmers is tricky. From what I understand though, once the tuning is right, they rock and roll.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

Blowby

Reaction score
Just bringing up tuning on Farmers - Posted 7-22-12

Blowby said:
Just some tuning info:

I spend a few days working on a 2000 CC 7.3 and most of the time was spent on pipes and boot configuration to the single S400 charger. He did have a set of Farmers 600/400's injectors and I will say that they move a lot of fuel. The first thing I wanted to do was create some smoke free street programs that the customer could let his other half drive with nothing more than handing over a set of keys.

The injectors responded very well to the changes and behaved very nicely. I noticed that they sounded and drove very smooth and balanced. The bottom end was stock with forged rods and a 200K+ miles on it so I expected the task to be difficult since the compression was under 350psi at sea level. I was very pleased with the injectors and finished the clean street tunes and started to tune for more power. Now this is where the problems started. Fuel goes up boots blow off.....after a few go a rounds and different pipe changes the boots stayed in place so I started asking for more fuel. Boom now the boot split so we scoured the shop for more boots since it was late Friday night. Found a few and continued testing until the fuel increase tore another boot! After destroying a couple we decided to install the last boot and keep the fuel at a semi safe level for the dyno event in the morning. I'm not even calling for more than 2.2 ms and I know the capabilities from the first tune with much more called for.

I think the ability to tune the injectors while controlling low volumes of fuel successfully without unbalanced or leaking tips speaks highly of the manufacturer. I created two high fuel programs so when the new IC pipes are created to contain the boost we will see what they can do as far as HP.

I give the first set of Farmers injectors that I tuned a thumbs up!

BTW: Split the boot on the dyno run so no injector HP numbers yet.

Latest posts

Members online