Riffraff intake plenums in IH blue..

dietoremain

Reaction score
billet3.jpg

billet2.jpg

billet1.jpg

Figured I'd show these off, Clay told me I have the only set around in this color, thanks Clay me and my bud are happy!!! :)

dietoremain

Reaction score
Are those the same ones he posted pics of on Facebook a couple days ago?

Possibly.. I just know they are the first ones this color, :) the motor has that color scheme goin on that my bud is building so its gonna look slick. :)

Clays done a real good job with these for sure.

BlueScab

Reaction score
Possibly.. I just know they are the first ones this color, :) the motor has that color scheme goin on that my bud is building so its gonna look slick. :)

Clays done a real good job with these for sure.

I should have the second set in that color in a few days. LOL They look great! Be sure to post pics when they're installed.

dietoremain

Reaction score
I should have the second set in that color in a few days. LOL They look great! Be sure to post pics when they're installed.

Nice! I want pics of yours! I swear it took like 2 months for these things to show but it was way worth it, and not like this motor is being rushed its being built piece by piece... for a sleeper truck lol.

Reaction score
my stock ones are ceramic blue..they hold more volume of air to better feed all cylinders equally and with dieselsite boots i didnt need inserts...even at 40 lbs of boost from my 38R...ill never have to pull them off for a dried up oring..I got rid of my fuel bowl for the very same reason..i want billit planums but im going to go with beans..they hold more volume of air then the stocker's do.. but i do like the blue

Last edited:

Big Bore

Reaction score
I sure like the profile of those. I have Beans and they suck for room in the valley with twin pumps. Just not sure I want to trade off space for intake volume.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I for one prefer the RiffRaff ones from the Beans, and far more then the Irate flat bar ones...

I can not see the O ring in the Riffraff ones "drying" out in the lifetime of the motor. They are not exposed to fuel, oil or anything other then cooled compressed air...

2000wa250

Reaction score
Hmm...Looking at these now I think they might actually work with a 467....greaattt....I thought I was done spending money.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I'll tell you this much about the set up,

Make sure whoever is doing your tuning is willing to take the time to get it all dialed in. I know personally my first set of tunes were no where near what I needed for this set up. However we're working on it now.

I see you have an '03, are you going to stick with your PMR's? Or are you going forged or billet? I highly suggest you get a forged block or take a better look at what set up you want to run. I know I wouldnt have gone with 250/200's, or more importantly 200% nozzles on a PMR truck. Just not worth it. With PMR's you are going to seriously have to detune the injectors to keep your motor alive. Now if you have forged or better yet billet rods going in, I highly recommend these injectors with the 467. You wont need dual pumps, only reason I went with them is because I found a screaming deal on them. My stock pump actually was keeping up with the HPO demands of these injectors excellently, but I had already bought the pumps.

Another point, with the 467 be prepared to fight with it quite a bit to get it in there, as well as figuring out your intake set up. Also, the reason I say it will need some serious time to dial it in is the turbo can be a little hard to get to spool up. However it is possible to have it spool around 1600 RPM, just takes some tweaking to the tuning. Other than that its a great turbo.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions as far as install, equipment, or just want to pick my brain about my thoughts on the set up further.

TARM

Reaction score
What is the highest manifold pressure that has been run with a set of these?

Ya know a great idea I think for Clay to do. From looking at this the actually inlet is a separate piece that then is sealed onto the main body of the plenum correct? I know this was a point of contention for some people. But it may offer a really cool upgrade Clay could offer that I think a number of people may find attractive.

Since that piece is modular I think it would be a good idea if maybe he offered a Vband option piece for it. Would that not be possible. Swap out that one piece for on that had a vband end lip on it. So much like ordering it another color you could order it with a v-band or boot inlet tube.

For me I would want V-band for anything getting in the 60 psig + Frankly I would have liked it stock from the factory. Heck he could then offer a Y with V bands on it as part of a kit option. That would insure they matched up. Then add a extra v-band to weld on to the IC tube that connects to it. That would be an awesome kit as all you would need is to just weld the one end onto the IC tube and you would be V-banded in some of the most frequently blown boot and leak locations. Would also make removal and install of the Y etc much easier than with boots and t-bolt clamps.

Make it at a fair price and I can not see why it would not be super popular. I would use it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.