Nitrous set up

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Need help with getting a nitrous system pieced together/purchased. Never used nitrous before....

Combo will be-
Fully built engine
SRP1.1
300/200 (I think)
Externally gated drop in precision turbo

I am guessing with no nitrous and good tuning, that combo should make 525ish.

Would like 850 with N20.

Weld bungs in the billet intakes? How many in each and what size?
Spray bar? Where would I get one?
Jets, stages, bottles, activation....

Probably put bottle(s) in bed box along with the batteries.

Thanks!

rpm-inc

Reaction score
I think they are beans plenums. 44mm tial not enough gate to keep it at 35psi?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Spray bars in those style plenums won't work without having them in hand for modifying.

One 44mm gate isn't gonna be enough for that much gas. I ran two 44's on mine, so did jacoby. The wop lighting had two 44's and a 60, lol

JDub

Reaction score
I think they are beans plenums. 44mm tial not enough gate to keep it at 35psi?

I ran a GQSSB turbocharger and dual 44mm gates, one on the end of each manifold. Truck made 482hp on fuel and 938hp on spray, keeping boost limited to 40-psi was still a struggle. And that turbocharger has a very efficient exhaust side...

The Lightning was set up nearly identical but had an H2E turbocharger and even with dual 44's and a 60mm on the collector it still spun to over 70-psi boost...

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I ran a GQSSB turbocharger and dual 44mm gates, one on the end of each manifold. Truck made 482hp on fuel and 938hp on spray, keeping boost limited to 40-psi was still a struggle. And that turbocharger has a very efficient exhaust side...
Now that same turbo makes 550ish fuel only. At about 42psi

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Ok, so I need more gate.... or more turbo.
Is the spray bar stock available somewhere? I know some REAL good fabricators/welders.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I would think more turbo may be more beneficial. Or maybe a second one if you know a very good fabricator!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rpm-inc

Reaction score
I have done compounds.... in a van. Just trying to keep it more simple, if that's possible at that power level, lol.

JDub

Reaction score
I think it's very possible, just gotta have the setup just right. My little truck was a blast to drive and with the proper tuning very streetable, even with so little turbo for the injector. Wanted big power, it was just the on button of the progressive nitrous controller away. Never tried all the spray on the street though, just the dyno. My motor was built for spray though, engineered to 3 or 4 stages...

Spray bars for the win!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdQH3YzkEMI

Lowdown89

Reaction score
No, we only made three sets. One set is on my old motor, one set on Steves motor, and one set on the Lightning. Made a set inside a 6.0 manifold too...

Steve made mention about possibly still being able to get a set, or making new ones not sure.... I know I would love to get my hands on a set so I could blow my stock forged rods out the bottoms of the block lol

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Steve made mention about possibly still being able to get a set, or making new ones not sure.... I know I would love to get my hands on a set so I could blow my stock forged rods out the bottoms of the block lol

Yeah, that was before Zane completely shut the shop down though. Right now the only thing I'm doing with spray bars is the 6.0/6.4 manifolds. Honestly you 7.3 guys could plumb a .110 jet in each plenum if you wanted to get a direct shot. It's not gonna work as well as the spray bars but it will get you a little boost in powah :D