Non vgt question

da94broncodude

Reaction score
Can one tow with a non vgt 62mm turbo? i was looking at doing a powermax but can get a gated 62 for the same price, and later add a 475 etc over it with twins, just looking to save a little $$ in the long run

jdgleason

Reaction score
With stock injectors? I would think it would be a little laggy depending on what exhaust housing you have... I know Industrial has a 62mm with a choice for exhaust housings and the 70 isnt bad for stock injectors. I say go for it, especially if you want to expand down the road. Plus, a non vgt sounds really mean!

strokin6L

Reaction score
industrial has a 62/70 and a 62/80. You'll definitly want more fuel than stock sticks with the 62 non vgt. I don't think you'll be happy running it with stock sticks. I ran the 62/70 a while back with my 190's and really wasn't happy with it.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
I ran a 62/70 with 190's and stock injectors, and honestly, I liked the turbo better with the stock injectors. I did have a tuned FICM which helped some, but lag wasn't a real issue with stock injectors or the 190's. It was more a lack of air up top that I didn't like when running the 190's.

I did tow with the 62/70 and 190's, and absolutly hated it! Had to keep the RPM's up to keep the turbo spooled or else it would bog down and get real hot. Towing with the 62/70 and stock injectors, I had to really push it to get the EGT's over 1,000*

-French

strokin6L

Reaction score
^ like Josh said. He bought my 62/70 off of me...so we both experienced the same thing with the same charger. Just had a bad experience with it. Blew the seals out of it twice and was never hard on it. Not sure if something was wrong with the wastegate or what, but i could never get the thing to spool unless the RPM's were up there. But wierd thing is....this 64mm i have now runs waaay better than that 62mm ever did. I actually might be going to a powermax next year.

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Unfortunately the smallest housing is an .88 open, reasonably priced however, so you could find a .70 open or .80 divided with a diverter and change it

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I saw that too, wonder why that is.....

bullseye if you're reading.....:mad:

Latest posts

Members online