6.7 and FTE resonator??

BigRed97

Reaction score
I have a 2016 that I'm considering putting on a diet. My main hold up is noise, I do not want it any louder than it is now (bone stock)

That being said, has any one used the 30 inch FTE , and what are the results? Sound compared to stock?

Thanks!

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Now, if you want it to sound stock, go with a 40" Donaldson muffler AND a 15" FTE resonator. Sounds factory with that setup.

Attachments

• IMG_3760.JPG
    IMG_3760.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 305

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I ran an FTE 30" Resonator on my 5" system. Super quite and basically sounded stock to me. It does what it says and there was zero cabin drone.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I have the 30" fte on my 16 and the only time it is loud is the first couple secconds of a cold start or when you are getting on it. And those are from outside the vehicle. Inside is very quiet. Put the resonator as close to the front as possible for best rosonance control.
I will probably add a small 20" muffler behind my fte to reduce any unwanted attention to my "exhaust weight loss" lol.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
So which exhaust component made the egts higher the fte resonator or the Donaldson muffler? Also is it realtivley stock sounding with the 30" Donaldson muffler? Any drone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I cannot speak on the egts yet but once i do my egr elimination i will be able to. I doubt that the temps are enough to worry about, either way they will be much lower than any factory temp with the *** and regen. Call me crazy but i feel there may be a point where having temps too low for too long may result in less efficency and some minor coking.. i remember lots of techs saying that was a big problem on the 6.0's when they were. Abbied too much.. just my mind overthinking as uaual..lol

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Well that's helpful to. I just talked to Jeremy yesterday about a package deal or my 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
No noticeably higher egts with the 30" FTE alone or with the 40" Donaldson alone. But the 15" FTE and Donaldson 40" raised them some. Definitely not enough to worry about though!

Dieseljay74

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have a 5" with the 30" FTE and I think it's perfect. Lots of turbo sound but no drone and just a tad louder than stock. I have it about mid truck

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online