Need help with fueling issue with Non- VGT install

Motostroker

Reaction score
Hey guys. Was going to see if someone can help me out. I’ll try to keep story nice and simple

2015 F-250. Tuned, deeeleted, 363 single on it.

Just got done installing H&S 63mm Kit last night. I’m having a major issue after install.

Truck will not command fuel, at all. Meaning it’s a complete dog. I previously had a MPD 363 kit on it. I had the same exact tunes. They ran great

I literally pulled the truck in the shop. Swapped the two kits. Installed a CCV ****** kit. H&S fuel filter conversion. Then pulled it right back out the shop. I didn’t change tunes. Nothing

I’m trying wrap my head around how I literally touched nothing electrical wise now the truck will not command fuel down low. I have zero exhaust leaks, and when you floor it, I no longer hear injector rattle. I do not have a boost leak either. It’s as if the first 3/4 of throttle pedal doesn’t even work. WHEN the truck downshifts to third to even make it up a hill at 55mph, the turbo eventually comes alive via RPM and it takes off like a jet.

MAF? That’s the only thing I unplugged? I have no CEL. Great low PSI fuel.

I’m stumped.

f0497e4707fe36522a7d96f2674c6471.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swaan

Reaction score
You mass air flow sensor. Is it plugged in and facing the right way. If its backwards it will do exactly how you describe

Swaan

Reaction score
That pipe your mass air is in . Do you have it 180 degrees out. The sensor has to be positioned into the airflow a certain way

Motostroker

Reaction score
You mass air flow sensor. Is it plugged in and facing the right way. If its backwards it will do exactly how you describe

I’m checking it as I type this. I thought the same thing. However the no limit intake indicates flow direction and the sensor can only align with bolt holes in one direction. I’m on the way to ford after this to buy a new one. Hopefully that helps

sootie

Reaction score
Even though it ran correctly with the same diameter pipe in the MPD kit?

Likely. The 363 will be pulling a lot more air past it, thus telling the pcm to back the fuel down accordingly.

I bet at WOT it acts fine, no?

Motostroker

Reaction score
Likely. The 363 will be pulling a lot more air past it, thus telling the pcm to back the fuel down accordingly.

I bet at WOT it acts fine, no?

I had a 363 before in the MPD kit. And I still have a 363 now in the H&S

However the no limit filter and pipe is bigger then the MPD filter. I see what your saying

Yes at wot it’s fine

sootie

Reaction score
I had a 363 before in the MPD kit. And I still have a 363 now in the H&S

However the no limit filter and pipe is bigger then the MPD filter. I see what your saying

Yes at wot it’s fine

got it. Yes the larger diameter pipe is causing the issue. Either rescale the MAF (which is a lot of trial and error, the same value doesnt seem to act the same on every truck) or go back to the smaller diameter pipe.

Motostroker

Reaction score
got it. Yes the larger diameter pipe is causing the issue. Either rescale the MAF (which is a lot of trial and error, the same value doesnt seem to act the same on every truck) or go back to the smaller diameter pipe.

I’m going to buy a S&B intake. That’s a 4 inch all the way thru, which will match the previous MPD kit along with the H&S pipe

Swaan

Reaction score
I know this is not related but inquiring minds want to know.
Why would you go from the mpd kit to the H@S both being same turbo?? I just dont see you gaining anything other then looks of the h@s over the mpd. Dont get me wrong, there both great kits , just trying to understand the logic. Seems like a lot expense and effort to achieve the same thing you already had. I'm I wrong?

Motostroker

Reaction score
In the future I’m building my own compounds. I will be utilizing a 476 SXE. I wanted to switch because I wanted to use the wastegate port on the H&S kit. Time is of the essence with my build and work so I opted to sell the MPD kit. Buy the H&S on Black Friday sale. Then build off the H&S kit later.

With the H&S I have much more room behind the turbo to build my own stuff. That’s what it boils down to. I just want to build my own compound kit. I have no way, shape nor form to build a kit as nice as it (H&S) so I opted to buy it.

Not to mention the bigger manifolds are nice. Kit is nice to the eyes.

Last edited:

Motostroker

Reaction score
Well fellas the stock intake, along with a brand new OEM MAF didn’t fix the issue. It seems to drive a little better but I’m having a totally separate issue I can’t figure out. Changing tunes real quick to see if that helps.

I’m stumped

Swaan

Reaction score
Hey, we are all waiting. .................. watcha figure out? Surely the turbo cant be that much of a dog.lol

Last edited:

Motostroker

Reaction score
Hey, we are all waiting. .................. watcha figure out? Surely the turbo cant be that much of a dog.lol

I haven’t figured it out. It’s not the turbo. I have some electrical issue

Latest posts

Members online