Carrier bearing question

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2005 CCSB F-250 need to replace the carrier bearing or center support bearing whatever you want to call it. Would like to do it quickly and have the parts on hand before tearing into it. Does anyone know the shaft size ? There are a few options and they appear to be fairly close

SDER1

Reaction score
It has been a couple years since replacing the carrier support / drop-down support bearing for the driveshaft. I had a 2006 F350 (door plate MY 2005) CC SRW 4WD short bed and believe I used a TIMKEN HB88108FD. I know from a buddy with similar year model/configuration, he found out form a local driveline shop that although year models may be the same, different sized driveshafts were used and not all carrier bearings are universal in a parts catalog. I would suggest using Fords online parts and cross reference part number with either Dana Spicer or Timken for a replacement bearing.

dsberman94

Reaction score
It would be easier and more beneficial in the long run to get a 1 piece 5” aluminum shaft made. Unless you like changing carrier bearings.

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Yea it probably would but I drive the truck 3k to 3500 miles a year so a new carrier bearing will last me.. I suppose I will just pull it down and see what I got

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.