possibly another head gasket!!?

junglejoe

Reaction score
What you describe is exactly how my factory HG's acted when they first started to go. I drive it easy, all is good. Work the motor a bit and pressure would rise quickly. I drove it for 6 months before pulling the heads because it progressively got worse. Even the day I tore it down if boost stayed below 25psi, then all was good, anything above that and pressure would rise. Currently mine is at 3psi when I start the truck up, drive it 10 miles and get the temps up and I have 5-7psi. Run i hard and it will climb to 11 or 12, but as soon as I get off the throttle it immediately drops back to 7-8. Even towing heavy I never see more than 10-12 at the max. I'm still betting it's HG's, but I do hope it's something a lot simpler.

When the factory hg let go on this truck..10psi of boost it puked ccolant.. This is just weird situation going on here now. I'm just wondering how long exhaust gas stays in the coolant from a blown headgaaket.. I'm wondering if its possible that they are only leaking under WOT? If that's the case..the gas test should have detected the exhaust in the coolant??

junglejoe

Reaction score
Yeah, after further reading.. Seems to be the case. Guess Ill have to have the summ beech tore back apart..
The gauge moves way to quick under boost for it not to have a blown or leaking hg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
chemical exhaust gas detectors are NOTORIOUSLY unreliable for the 6.0L!

never had one that didnt fail it....

It was suggested to vacuum fill the coolant system to see if that helps, a much easier thing to try than a teardown.

and no, i wasnt implying vac fill will fix this. i was referring to someone drilling and tapping ports in their heads to bleed air or something.... useless.

junglejoe

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Appreciate all the suggestions..
I will say this.. "Make sure you do you fuggin research on the shop BEFORE you let them loosen a valves stem cap on your tires!! Or if you have a way to get the cab off,do your own head gaskets and work if you can.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Appreciate all the suggestions..
I will say this.. "Make sure you do you fuggin research on the shop BEFORE you let them loosen a valves stem cap on your tires!! Or if you have a way to get the cab off,do your own head gaskets and work if you can.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Shouldn’t you have been the one that was warned after the second head gasket failure once they worked on it? Let alone the 5th???

junglejoe

Reaction score
Shouldn’t you have been the one that was warned after the second head gasket failure once they worked on it? Let alone the 5th???
Its under warranty. .just down time. It will be the last time they work..bet your ass that!
Appreciate your help though..lol
Gotta laugh about it..or go fugg someone up!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Loool.

it'll get sold right after like all the "FRESH ARP STUDS" jobbed trucks do

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.