MPD Quick Spool Budget kit

Reaction score
That's not necessarily true. Mpd have the 68 turbine on there quick spool kits. I think if your not looking for over 500 hp and want better drivability the 68 turbine is the way to go.

Heck didnt mpd make over 600hp with a 62mm precision not long ago. I think it only had there high flow 66mm turbine.

When I talked to one of the guys at mpd he was very adamant on sticking with the 363/73/91. I asked about maybe going with the 362 but he said the 363 is much better, but really never told me why.

curtis270

Reaction score
im looking at this kit as well is really like the kit just having a hard time dealing with the price due to being able to buy the turbo for 600 ish bucks. I had the 63/68/91 on my 5.9l then switched to the sxe 369. with stock fueling on my 6.7 powerstroke and just ******s and a intake im leaning towards the 63. just wish someone could explain the extra 2100 bucks without the piping :shrug:

ccraver

Reaction score
I just installed the MPD budget 64.5 sxe on my 13. Overall I'm happy with the performance. The only complaint I have is that it is quite a bit laggy city driving it. I haven't installed a piping kit yet which I'm told will help out a bunch. I'm running tyrant tunes that have been redone for the non vgt set up. I'm really wanting to do fuel next.

ccraver

Reaction score
im looking at this kit as well is really like the kit just having a hard time dealing with the price due to being able to buy the turbo for 600 ish bucks. I had the 63/68/91 on my 5.9l then switched to the sxe 369. with stock fueling on my 6.7 powerstroke and just ******s and a intake im leaning towards the 63. just wish someone could explain the extra 2100 bucks without the piping :shrug:

I thought the exact same thing. I can't see how the piping for the turbo cost $2100!!

DieselJpower

Reaction score
As well as coated as coated, custom machined/welded compressor cover

Not to mention R&D and time involved in production.

Compare that to a fancy vgt that's about $3k that comes with nothing else and has a core charge, you're getting a pretty good deal

curtis270

Reaction score
I just installed the MPD budget 64.5 sxe on my 13. Overall I'm happy with the performance. The only complaint I have is that it is quite a bit laggy city driving it. I haven't installed a piping kit yet which I'm told will help out a bunch. I'm running tyrant tunes that have been redone for the non vgt set up. I'm really wanting to do fuel next.

what made you decide on the 64.5 over the 63?

ccraver

Reaction score
Local diesel shop owner suggested it. I think I would have been happier daily driving the 63 but I wouldn't have been as happy with the total power of the 63. I'm installing a piping kit next week. I'm really hoping that helps with the lag.

08Monster

Reaction score
Ditch the tyrant tunes. Mine runs way better with TSD tunes.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Are you running the same mods and turbo as I am with the TSD tunes?
I've got a 63, full piping kit and dual fuel. I have tyrant tunes and TSD tunes, the TSD are way better. Tyrants trans tuning on mine was so terrible it should have been a crime.

ccraver

Reaction score
$650??!!! That seems crazy high for tunes. I think I paid $350 for tyrant tunes for my SCT X4 and SOTF.

08Monster

Reaction score
$650??!!! That seems crazy high for tunes. I think I paid $350 for tyrant tunes for my SCT X4 and SOTF.
And this is Ez-Lynk. Gotta pay the most to have the latest and greatest.

Motostroker

Reaction score
And this is Ez-Lynk. Gotta pay the most to have the latest and greatest.

EZ Lynk was the best upgrade I’ve ever done. It’s worth the $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ccraver

Reaction score
Whats the deal with the ez link? Why do you like it so much? I noticed your post that you put in the classifieds. I just installed a 64.5mm MPD budget turbo on my 13 and am not very happy with the towing performance of it and I'm not even towing that heavy of a load. I have tyrant tunes loaded by an sct x4 with SOTF. Did you ever get your towing issue resolved?

Motostroker

Reaction score
Whats the deal with the ez link? Why do you like it so much? I noticed your post that you put in the classifieds. I just installed a 64.5mm MPD budget turbo on my 13 and am not very happy with the towing performance of it and I'm not even towing that heavy of a load. I have tyrant tunes loaded by an sct x4 with SOTF. Did you ever get your towing issue resolved?

It’s all in the tuning. EZ Lynk provides a better platform and more Parameters to adjust.

The new tunes I just order work far better then my old ones. Shift points and converter lockup points are key to make sure a non VGT charger doesn’t fall on its face.

Don’t get me wrong, 4:10 gears help too, however tuning helps just as much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jcain

Reaction score
There's no more or less tunable parameters across the many devices.