Well S***

NMSVT

Reaction score
What oil was used and change intervals? In for the details..

Reaction score
Possibly shavings from drilling and tapping the upper pan? Obviously you would hope that stuff was properly cleaned up but I'm just thinking of scenarios that are less serious than bearing or lifter failure.

The heads were just off too, so no signs of anything at the time but I can't say if the lifters were looked at or not.

When I as laying under there that was the first instinct. I got a light and looked up where the drain penetration is and there was not even a burr. Then when I went to grab the pan out of the oil cart there was way too much to be from drilling. They are thin and flaky and have to be from a rotating surface. I also thought about the heads just being off. All this makes me believe/hope this new and something is salvageable. Good thing you did not decide to DD the thing.

What oil was used and change intervals? In for the details..
Delo 10/30 XLE, Cody would have to answer the rest of your question, he did not put a bunch of miles on it. I would suspect it had the oil change more frequently because of working on it than it did from driving it.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
It's definitely not an OCI issue... the engine has at most 15k miles on it in 3ish years and I changed the oil once when I pulled it out of the garage after the winter, middle of the summer, and again when it went into storage.

I drove it to work most of the time, 3 track passes, 2 dyno pulls on a small tune, most of the miles on it were to and from Morgan's shop getting more stuff done to it. I did nothing but spend money on the truck replacing many parts out of caution and the only reason I decided to sell it because at the time it was the first time the truck was in good enough running shape I felt comfortable doing so.

Reaction score
Finally had some time to start digging into this thing. There is a ton of sh*t in these trucks. Been taking it slow trying to make sure I remember everything.

fb54cf9715b338478bee083463ca9c5a.jpg
3153a2d854db91975aa020a71d5f41f4.jpg
6ef33d5b2b4662c3ec45963310a35480.jpg

I just got the heads off and lifters out before I called it quits for the weekend.
Cylinders look good, all the pistons look identical, flashlight on the lobes of the cam look good.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately it's only been 5k ish miles since the heads were off. At least nothing was missed there, not that that is any consolation at this point.

Reaction score
Little up date.
54190d07534e72e18e316ab855cb55c6.jpg
85c2f79b41c6b59a342f26377aaecbf8.jpg

Bullet went to the doctor “Midwest”
Diagnosis is spun rod bearing.
I been drink g about it since Friday and I guess I will let them know Monday to go ahead with the stage 3 long block.

Meanwhile in my very little free time am gathering other parts. Gonna get the coil spring buckets changed to 4x4 units, received my pmf track bar for lowered trucks, gonna do some wiring and fabrication. I am trying to not get too carried away. Have to also fix the mount for the turbo and replace the waste gate flex connector.

I am picking up some take off 4x4 cool springs Monday. Going to try opposite of what most do when lowering these trucks. Put a heavier spring in and cut coils out like back in the day. Hoping the heavier spring helps with bottoming our and let’s me keep same ride height. Can’t go wrong for $40.

Latest posts

Members online