Video heavy: 6.0 Non VGT spool thread

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Post non VGT turbo setup spool vids here. Preferably video of the exhaust off idle normal driving, wot runs etc. include mods. Keep this clean please. Mods a sticky would be cool like the 6.4 thread.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
The only 3 hard parts proven to help spool up is colt cam(same as rcd) modded intake manifolds and steed speed/MPD exhaust manifolds with divided uppipes to dual valute exhaust housings.

Tunning plays a role as does injectors, injectors/tips sized to your turbo setup is important

patrickke

Reaction score
We will see with mine as I have the No Remorse headers, Soot Powered Performance intake and heads, Colt cam, Cutting Edge divided up-pipes along with ceramic Coating and wrapping the headers, up-pipes and downpipes... Plus Pius had my exhaust side ceramic coated.... Like you said tuning plays a big role too and working for KEM has its perks (live Tuning )

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Here's a link to compd with two video's of my truck, modded intake, steed speed exhaust manifolds with divided uppipes, fuel only. S371 and s595. Spools good on the converter but its still a slug to drive on the street, I can drive it onthe street somewhat smoke free at very light throttle but there's no way I'd call it a daily driver setup. It is a competition setup. Just my 2 cents

We've had one thread blow up, yes I was a major factor in that. RCD is trying to have good discussion about 6L non vgt's. Let's try and keep it clean for them

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Converters play a huge role, and will significantly change spool up characteristics. This is why I started my converter thread.. Seems like a 2200rpm stall converter works very well (has for mpd and rcd).

Injectors, nozzles, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, cams and tuning arent the only role played. :thumbup:

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score

patrickke

Reaction score
Shawn my thought is having a Turbo custom Specd as opposed to getting something out of a box is a big headache saver

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
It would be nice if rcd or mpd could post video of the new setups there trying. Be interesting how the t4 housing work for them on the s300 frame. Most of us have only played with the t3 hosuings for the s300 frame.

Spool up and drivabilty are two different things, a loose converter will help spool a turbo, but once your locked in overdrive at 1800rpm roughly 65mph. How will it act. Every truck/combo will be different in regards to what there truck is used for. Wish I could afford to blow 5k and try a ball bearing precision. Turbo. t

Latest posts

Members online