ABS Activates on Left Turns - No Codes

bpan

Reaction score
Lately I have been getting some weird front end stuff going on. It sounds like my ABS activates while doing certain left turns. The funny thing is my foot isn't on the brake when I do this. It doesn't throw any codes or affect my life other than the noise.
Keep in mind the truck is on 14 wides with 2" spacers. 37" tires. Lots of weight hanging way out there. I'm thinking wheel bearings (again) but last time that happened my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. 🎄

12king ranch

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing but my truck is stock and both front wheel bearings where replace at ford and it still does it. They say can’t duplicate customer complaint.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
They all do it in my experience. My 2014 does it with 35” tires and 3.5” lift and my buddies bone stock 2015 does it too...

bpan

Reaction score
Oh that's weird so this is "normal"? I've had the truck for about 200,000km and never had it until recently, although the wheels and tires only came about 50,000km ago. I guess I'll leave it then. Thanks guys!

rrkroll

Reaction score
It isn’t normal. Your wheel speed sensor is going out. Most likely cause is a wheel bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpan

Reaction score
It isn’t normal. Your wheel speed sensor is going out. Most likely cause is a wheel bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll double check my wheel bearings.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Mine does the same since new, about 40K miles. I always figured it was a suspension travel and mud flap relationship. It has happened turning either direction, but not all the time.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ya know, i had a abs code on my 15 the other day when i hooked forscan up to it. I have never seen it on the dash but it was there. Not sure if it had to do with returning to stock and putting new updated tunes in it but it was there..

I do have a bad howl that is getting worse when turning to the right so im guessing a wheel bearing is about to give up life.

live life full throttle

DvD

Reaction score
I just got this issue rectified on my '12. I would get an ABS and Hill-Descent Fault.
Turned out to be an open circuit on the Speed Sensor cable on drivers side, tech had a hard time diagnosing but finally found the issue, had to have the truck running and someone turning the steering wheel to finally find the fault. Cable looked fine from the outside but was damaged inside where it passed the shock..

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
My old yukon used to eat wheel bearings and the traction control would cut power and engage the abs when you accelerated from a start. I lived with it for a little while by pulling the ABS fuse but replacing both wheel speed sensors and a hub (all in one shot, so i don't know what it was) fixed the issue.

bpan

Reaction score
So I checked for play in my wheel bearings yesterday, and there is none at all, which was relieving as they are pretty much brand new. I didn't have a chance to check the ABS wiring or pull any codes though.

Latest posts

Members online