Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 2017+ 6.7 Aluminum Super Duty

Old 11-14-2017, 02:38 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.kukulski. View Post
My guy re applies it yearly, thatís the lifetime part lol.
Does a free detail at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure he does. CP lifetime warranty states the vehicle needs an annual inspection for them to continue to warranty, nowhere does it state theyíll re coat it yearly if for life. The cost that an installer pays for that stuff is high, I donít see how they canít keep afloat re coating every year. Their lifetime warranty is also full of loopholes.

I am by no means bagging on them, Iíve just seen so many Lifetime warranty stuff not live up to expectations.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:38 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
Make sure he does. CP lifetime warranty states the vehicle needs an annual inspection for them to continue to warranty, nowhere does it state theyíll re coat it yearly if for life. The cost that an installer pays for that stuff is high, I donít see how they canít keep afloat re coating every year. Their lifetime warranty is also full of loopholes.

I am by no means bagging on them, Iíve just seen so many Lifetime warranty stuff not live up to expectations.

Agree completely. My guy doesnít say he reapplies a coat. He says he touches it up if he thinks itís necessary. If your getting a annual recoat thatís a smoking deal!!
The shop I use does the mandatory annual inspection to keep the warranty valid. On his dime he does a detail to keep the customers happy. It worked on me, I decided to go lifetime because a annual $250 or more detail at no cost was a no brainer.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:18 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Can any of these coatings be applied to an older truck? Seems like very day I get less and less time to keep up with mine and a good buff and coating on it sure would be nice.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:25 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHY NOT View Post
Can any of these coatings be applied to an older truck? Seems like very day I get less and less time to keep up with mine and a good buff and coating on it sure would be nice.

They most certain Can. I recommend a machine polish first.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHY NOT View Post
A ceramic Dealer will NOT apply without Paint correction First.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:53 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
They most certain Can. I recommend a machine polish first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportchassis06 View Post
A ceramic Dealer will NOT apply without Paint correction First.
That would be one of the perks is getting it polished out so well first. I have my own stuff but by myself it takes a few days to polish everything myself and I would bet they could do a little better job than I do.

Just a local place was doing stuff on only newer cars, I had my wife's car done there right after we got it because it was cheap. Like only $150 with a 5 year warranty. It is a dupont ceramic coating is what they told me. But, they wouldn't do a vehicle more than 2 years old.

Last edited by WHY NOT; 11-15-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:

Heís a great buddy of mine, so I shouldnít have any issues. Plus Iím paying him to wash it every month lol. My guess is people who do this in general donít keep the cars very long. Or if they do they take exceptional care of them.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:57 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Default coatings in NC?

I just got a black 17, anyone know of a company that does paint correction and coatings in NC?
Old 12-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayh View Post
I just got a black 17, anyone know of a company that does paint correction and coatings in NC?
Hyper fast cars in huntersville area. Exit 28 off of 77. Ask for Chris. He did a gold package on my raptor and it is everything everyone has stated. Not scratch proof by any means but makes clean up way easier. I'm having him do my wife to be's srt 8 jeep now.

Also, the tint shop in Denver does it. Not sure if they are ceramic pro certified though. I contacted ceramic pro and they got me hooked up with Chris.