International water pump and 6.0 fan

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Last edited:

Northernguy

Reaction score
do you recall what year dodge trucks it is from? going to start gathering my parts for this conversion

Reaction score
I have the IH water pump and agree the orings on the valve need to be changed out before you put the pump on. I used metric ones for a slightly tighter fit. For the lower hose, the 92 7.3 IDI lower hose fits like factory except the lower connection is slightly larger than the neck on the radiator (so is the Dodge one) Dayco and Gates make hose adapter sleeves, with one of them it fits and looks factory. I have the 6.0 fan, an improvement. Want to put on my EC 450 cluctch but don't want to go backwards on the fan so I'm looking for a plastic fan with the right offset to fit the EC450 with the Fluidamper.

Reaction score
I documented the whole thing but don't have access to it at the moment. I have a lot of good things I've documented over the years but never took the time to post pictures.

For you Billy, I will go dig it up soon.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Thanks....

I ran into the same thing concerning the oring. I tried the -205 size. It works but it just does not feel right. I went to my hydraulic shop and they gave me a few metric orings to try. They gave generic Buna rubber ones as thats all they had. They gave me 9mmx4mm and 11mmx4mm. They smaller one is almost the same as the -205.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Optimator82

Reaction score
I already have the IH water pump on my truck and was planning on upgrading to the 6.0 fan when I change out my harmonic balancer to a Fluidampr but reading about this Horton EC450 electric fan clutch definitely has me swayed to go that route now. Adding this to one of my 2017 goals for my truck.

JohnT24

Reaction score
I documented the whole thing but don't have access to it at the moment. I have a lot of good things I've documented over the years but never took the time to post pictures.

For you Billy, I will go dig it up soon.

Did you ever find the info on the O-ring swap?

Like to read it,
I will be doing the pump swap soon...
Thanks

Reaction score
Replacing the o ring on the coolant filter shut off valve with an 11mm x 4mm solved the problem. Tightened up the valve. IIRC the metric oring was about .020 bigger on the cross section and fit like it was engineered that way.

Reaction score
Lower hose from 94-02, Dodge 2500/3500 with the 5.9 Cummins. Part# 8763 (NAPA), 71716 (Dayco), 22082 (Gates).

Billy T.
[email protected]

I have the lower hose for a 91 F350 with 7.3 IDI fits like stock except need to use an adapter bushing (rubber sleeve) because the PSD neck is smaller. It literally fits like stock with the T-444E water pump except for the bushing.

I have Dayco part numbers at home but never any time when I'm home LOL.