Jomax's 2017 Daily Driver "build"

redneck1

Reaction score
I’ve seen that, I don’t agree with the four link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what they are for $? Looks like a well built kit. You think four link would affect the ride or is it just the looks? Anyone know how it rides? I see they use coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jomax

Reaction score
I wonder what they are for $? Looks like a well built kit. You think four link would affect the ride or is it just the looks? Anyone know how it rides? I see they use coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The thing about coil overs is you loose travel. But being there’s only so much travel being so low. I don’t know if that hinders anything.

I don’t see a reason to use coil overs personally, it’s not like you can go lower, in the end the axle hitting the frame is what stops it from going any lower.

For me, 4,000 lb springs is the lowest you’ll want to take a 4wd. I want to try it and see if the ride and travel is acceptable. There’s a chance it’s too low and the travel is insufficient. At that point, I’ll go back to my 4400lb springs and be happy with where it’s at now.

Jomax

Reaction score
Here’s the places I park, and the main reason I’m trying to get it as low as possible but still ride good.

28a0f843bb234fbdd8f3720fdb85e103.jpg

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I don’t get it. Park in front of the white line instead of behind it. PLENTY of headroom. :shrug:

:poke:

Jomax

Reaction score
I don’t get it. Park in front of the white line instead of behind it. PLENTY of headroom. :shrug:

:poke:

The exit on this particular garage is about 1/4in before hitting my roof. That area is about the only place that looks high, but it isn’t.

RF250

Reaction score
I’ll never have a DD Truck any other way.

That is correct for all I did. Also added king shocks and trimmed the bumpstop. And new rear ubolts made for a 2wd Truck.

Tires are 305/50/20 nitto 420s.

Any driveline vibration when you had no block in rear?? Other people have said they’ve had problems in no block in rear and have had to install a 1.5” tapered block to get rid of vibration.

Wanting to do the same to fit in to my underground parking garage as I have the same dilemma as you did, my max height is 6.69” lol.

Love your setup and thinking id need to do the same to be able to fit

Jomax

Reaction score
No vibration up to 120mph for me. Truck has a one piece driveshaft from the factory.

Jomax

Reaction score
Jomax's 2017 Daily Driver "build"

So, as many of you know, truck was sold to my brother, but I’m still involved in mods etc.

Truck is back to stock front coils, the rear has CARLI Mini packs with no block, Kings all around, And tires are Toyo AT2 35x12.5x20.

I miss the way the truck rode/handled when it was lowered. Rode like a car and handled like it was on rails. The lower COG I’m pretty sure it to blame.

Truck currently has 48k miles, and he’s kicking the idea of the truck loosing some weight in certain areas.
515ee289ecb08f2f465d4d9b27497151.jpg

a565ca3d95ba8583d95af3ab9355daee.jpg

Last edited:

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
I'm sure it still rides pretty damn good compared to stock, you're just spoiled :thumbsup: LOL

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm sure it still rides pretty damn good compared to stock, you're just spoiled :thumbsup: LOL

Lol rides better then my GT-500 . But yes, stock is complete trash. I wish ford would add good shocks on the upper trim levels. We’d all pay for it. Fox 2.5s. They already work with Fox for the Raptors.

I guess we can dream, right?

RF250

Reaction score
So the overall hight is 6ft 5in!!! Got it down to same height as my 2015!!

530bd240dc10c367881cd67fa705b427.jpg

Do you think you could still be at 6’-6” with just removing rear block and keeping factory coils?? My garage is 6’-6” max and trying not to have to buy new front springs

Jomax

Reaction score
Do you think you could still be at 6’-6” with just removing rear block and keeping factory coils?? My garage is 6’-6” max and trying not to have to buy new front springs

No, highly doubtful. Springs are cheap.

RF250

Reaction score
No, highly doubtful. Springs are cheap.

Damnnnnnn, was really hoping I didn’t have to change the springs lol

Would I be able to swap them with 4800’s instead of 4400’s?

Garett742

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if you happen to know the part numbers on the kings you used? Unless they are something I need to call King about and have special ordered. Broke my back on Easter and getting in and out of stock height trucks is a hassle now. couple inches would help out a ton.

Thank you.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if you happen to know the part numbers on the kings you used? Unless they are something I need to call King about and have special ordered. Broke my back on Easter and getting in and out of stock height trucks is a hassle now. couple inches would help out a ton.

Thank you.
He isn't on here much anymore but my last truck had the same king shocks on them as his truck did. Call No Limit Fab out in California and tell them what shocks you need if they can even get them right now. If they can't get you Kings they can more than likely get you Custom Icon shocks for a lowered truck, still 2.5" bodies.

Jeff is their main sales guy you should ask for.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I’ll try. To get part numbers, but they aren’t custom. Just stock height kings. If you have a f-250. You need rear custom shocks. My issues was the shocks would bottom out before the bump stops would hit..

Jomax

Reaction score
Also, it seems no limit now has icon custom rear shocks vs kings, but find out if the bodies are actually shorter then stock height shocks.

Reaction score
Jomax, curious on why you prefer the MX4 vs something like the Vortrax, that retracts? Never had tonneau covers, always had open beds, but am considering getting one for my 17 DRW. We use the bed to ride in when doing camping trips in Cades Cove TN, and the one thing I don't like about the MX4 is if I still want view through rear window, I have to leave the last little and main section down in closed position, which takes up bed space. Just curious on your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk