6.0 running rough, no throttle, no hot start

04gold6.0

Reaction score
So I have done some work to my truck and I will get into that in a minute, but now I have an issue with it will start decent cold and runs okay until the ECT and EOT reach about 130 degrees and then it will continue to run but runs rough sounds like a miss, no throttle response, no power in drive when hot, no smoke, and no codes. It has stalled out on me. I have unpligged the icp to no avail, sometimes it will restart other times it won't even with the icp unplugged. Now the kicker is if I rev it up to 2k rpms in park it runs like a beast and all the issues go away. Then it returns to idle and the problems are back. I am at a loss racking my brain here.

What I have done:

So this all started with a cyl 3 contribution code, I fixed that with a new pushrod. I removed all the injectors and cleaned the spool valves and resealed all 8 injectors, did new nipple cups and o rings, new stand pipes and dummy plugs. I have pull the valve covers off and checked my torque for my bolts and stand pipes and dummy plugs. Checked my fuel bowl for bubbles and I have none.
Monitoring everything with the torque pro app, I will attach screenshots and try to explain them, I also have video showing what it's doing.

So the pictures show one revving up to ~2k rpms, one hot idle maybe two, and one right when it gets to running rough.

I would be happy to do more diagnostic stuff but I have the turbo off (just cleaned it up), ipr valve off (had remnants of Dorman gasket on the screen) waiting to get a new screen, ebp valve and tube off just cleaned those out.

Details about the truck:
Its an 04.5
Oil cooler and egr ****** from XDP Jan. 2018
New Degas bottle
Blue spring upgrade recently
Found out FICM and driver side bank of injectors were replaced with remans
Turbo is a reman
Rebuilt turbo 2 years ago
Replaced all filters when I bought it with OEM motorcraft and that is all I buy and use
I think that is all

Pics of hot idle, cold idle and revved to ~2k rpms in park
322ea7de602c970ccb7e223c6640a703.jpg
84aab3fcc9213a2308f7ca9bcce615f1.jpg
a791ba4498c1dbe55118e51678f34197.jpg
2f0316e15602d7c88552c40405f10cda.jpg
bd4331af189edc3fa6195059570a6d6a.jpg

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

04gold6.0

Reaction score
Trying to update everything here, I solved my issue, ended up replacing all 8 injectors with a set from Warren Diesel with new spool valves, there is a world of difference how these buzz vs the previous injectors.

So far it's been 3 weeks and no problems yet(knock on wood) it's runs really good.

And I had no real signs pointing straight to injectors, the only thing I ended up having at startup was a rough idle and a little plume of black smoke.

To anyone else fighting issues like this good luck to you, and FORScan Lite and Torque Pro are your friends.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.