Custom FICM tuning

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
For a while I've been trying to get in touch with KEM about custom ficm mapping, but never had luck, or got a call back. But, Thanks to Bill and Jay at PHP, we have finally loaded a FICM tune to my gryphon that was meant for larger nozzles. All I have to say is, this has definitely been my favorite modification I've done to my truck to this date. Ive tried his stock nozzle files, but they all just smoked too much. Tried Erics FICM tuning with the same results. I very quickly become a disbeliever for such a think.

Now, I have 225/100 Injectors built by us, a 66/73/91 with t-4 up pipes, 4" intake, custom fuel system, and a transmission, not much else really. The truck was fun to drive before, but it still had some hazing issues with the 100% nozzles. Bill, from what I understand has come up with a file similar to what Matt and I have talked about. Modifying the pulse width table from the base map and all limiters and restrictions in the later Ford flashes are removed. Thus allowing my Gearhead tuning to be completely in control of smoke output and fueling. I honestly have to try to get any kind of hazing or smoke. The shifting has vastly improved now that there are no software restrictions, the shift points are where they are meant to be, on top, i'm getting no more surge of the charger locking in 4th and overdrive under moderate throttle like I was before.

Cod starts are a non issue either thanks to mild inductive heating, and properly built and cleaned injectors, it fires right up, slight hazing when cold like any diesel. Once the oil temp comes up just a little, there is zero hazing.

I dont typically do these kinds of things but I figured Bills work was worth noting! :toast: I owe you one of these things, and I cant say thanks enough to Jay for the amazing customer service, Its greatly appreciated from someone in the same industry. Same goes for Matt and his extensive knowledge in tuning, and his ideas. Now I have fallen back in love with my truck and cant wait to hit the track with this thing and get some more fuel at it. Stay Tuned :pint:

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Man this makes me want to have my ficm tuned again. I liked what I had on my 03 6.0 from php and want to do something similar again.

that combined with the bpd 58v ficm = awesomeness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

java

Reaction score
I've heard good things about his FICM tuning. I have KEM FICM tuning and it's smokey with 190/100s.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Glad to hear someone got it figured out Greg. That's good news. I like my gryphon for my stock injectors now but I know I'll be upgrading at some point in the near future.

Rob D

Reaction score
Greg that is sweet. I am glad I told my buddy Bob to go with PHP FICM tuning...although he only had the Atlas 40 in his truck for a week before losing an injector and deciding to go up to 175/75s.

Is custom FICM tuning to match ones injector setup available from PHP for everyone or was he just helping you out?

Mach5customs

Reaction score
Hey Rob. I ended up loading the atlas 80 but I wish I had the 175/75's in so I could have gotten a custom ficm tune the first time. Oh well haha

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We just tried the same tuning for nozzles.... 175/100 and an s362 is now smokeless and spools MUCH better than with his stock nozzle FICM files.

Well worth the time and effort. Stock nozzle tunes just make them fuel much too hard in the lower RPMs

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
We just tried the same tuning for nozzles.... 175/100 and an s362 is now smokeless and spools MUCH better than with his stock nozzle FICM files.

Well worth the time and effort. Stock nozzle tunes just make them fuel much too hard in the lower RPMs

Its sure awesome isn't it!?

Greg that is sweet. I am glad I told my buddy Bob to go with PHP FICM tuning...although he only had the Atlas 40 in his truck for a week before losing an injector and deciding to go up to 175/75s.

Is custom FICM tuning to match ones injector setup available from PHP for everyone or was he just helping you out?

He has it available, it needs to be loaded via Pegasus when you get the programmer.

greg are you running a 58V Ficm

Was, but it took a crap, and didn't do anything anways, just a factory replacement now.

so what FICM tune from Bill do you run Greg? Atlas 40 for the 225/100's with mild inductive heating?

No, its not labeled as such, Just mild inductive heating and fuel pulled and restrictions removed. Its unbelievable how much nicer the truck drives. This is applied to all 4 files, so I still have more adjustability, but Im in no mood to change anything its perfect. :gun:

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Which 58v did you run? I'm going to be going to 175/75s soon . what did you ask for when talking to php?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I just told Jay and Bill I needed the file for larger nozzles. It was an OLD Elite unit

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Okay good deal. Would you still get the potential mpg savings, or is that a 50/50 chance of getting any mpg?

Also would them making a custom ficm file be worth it on 175/75s, maybe they aren't big enough to benefit from a custom file

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
So what kind of setup would I have to buy to run it with my 58 volt swamps FICM, and 285/100's? (Compounds)

.....and I don't care what kinda mileage...I want powwa!

Mdub707

Reaction score
Basically the consensus was if you were using nozzles larger than stock, you should be talking to the tuner about this. Maybe we can get Bill from PHP to comment on this.

Mdub707

Reaction score
So what kind of setup would I have to buy to run it with my 58 volt swamps FICM, and 285/100's? (Compounds)

.....and I don't care what kinda mileage...I want powwa!

You either send your FICM to Bill and let him tune it, or buy the PHP gryphon that has all of his FICM tunes (you can change around and back to stock etc). You would just need to let Bill know your situation so he can make the FICM tuning accordingly, then talk to your normal tuning guy (for PCM tuning) and explain to him.

Latest posts

Members online