Sct x3 vs sct x4??

02strokin

Reaction score
Other than the x4 has alot of more options ect is the hp settings the same?? I know it's nice to have the x4 cause for gauages an easier on downloads but was curious if I needed to replace my x4 with a x4 thanks..

Reaction score
If you have an X3 already I wouldn't bother upgrading to an X4. Probably not much difference between the canned tunes on the two different devices. I would use that money you would put towards an X4 to get some good custom tunes written for your X3, more bang for your buck. Although some companies don't write for the X3 anymore I don't think? However I have an X3 and G e a r h e a d just wrote me files a couple months ago, and I have had nothing but good experiences with them, customer service wise & tuning wise, they're awesome.

And as far as a monitor goes an Edge Insight would be the ideal option (CS2 or CTS2). More aesthetically pleasing than having a X4 with a suction mounted to your dash as well. And it displays PIDs in a much better fashion.

02strokin

Reaction score
Yes I deal with Nate at unlimited an that's who they have so knowing that I will just do that great tunes an Nate is awesome as well!!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have an x3 as well, most good tunera write for them still. Ive had idp, tsd, and tyrant. Still been meaning to go with th, but between blowing **** up and working a ton, havent really had time. But I agree, the extra money youd spend on an x4 is much better spent on custom tunes.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I have also wonder about the sct livewire to... idk alot of money to keep spending anyway you look at it

Keep in mind windshield mounts suck, but not hard enough to hold it in place all the time. Gotta make sure if it falls with the door open it isn’t left dangling between door and dash.

I have had Livewire and GTX. GTX has nicer screen, more responsive touchscreen, faster load time and quicker boot time at start up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have also wonder about the sct livewire to... idk alot of money to keep spending anyway you look at it

Well here’s a good way to look at it, $600 for a livewire TS not including custom tunes, so you’re probably looking around $150 for a 3 pack of custom tunes (relatively average price point), so you’re into it for $750. Or don’t get custom tunes for it and you’re back to square one using the same SCT canned tunes with just the benefits of monitor, so essentially spending $600 on a monitor.

Or, much better option IMHO, spend $300 on a edge insight CS2 to use as a monitor, and spend $150 for custom tunes for your X3. You’re into it for $450 and you have a monitor plus custom tunes. Or even spend an extra $150 on your Insight CS2 for an EGT probe (highly recommended if you’re gonna be running any of the hotter tunes), and you’re at $600, which would be the price of the Livewire TS w/o any customs tunes.

Boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Livewire ts is a flaming like of chit.

Keep the X3 and get custom tunes.

Latest posts

Members online