What’s causing this?

SpyderX

Reaction score
Noticed this tonight. Looks like oil. Is the part of the intake?
c7e5920d51ab457eca1fb2828e432f59.jpg
6f20246a557b4f9c18ae70f45dd7a12c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Thats the cold side cac tube that has a ton of issues. H&s makes a replacement metal one, or you can replace it with a ford one again. The last one I put on appeared like its been updated, but I'm not sure what they all did. I did notice different clamps on it, and possibly a different boot, but I'm not sure if they did anything with the plastic or the o ring that seals to the throttle body

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

SpyderX

Reaction score
Thats the cold side cac tube that has a ton of issues. H&s makes a replacement metal one, or you can replace it with a ford one again. The last one I put on appeared like its been updated, but I'm not sure what they all did. I did notice different clamps on it, and possibly a different boot, but I'm not sure if they did anything with the plastic or the o ring that seals to the throttle body

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

agentnut

Reaction score
I’m not sure how many miles or what year your truck is but these 6.7’s are known for blowing the cac’s out and crapping out. I think it’s cheap insurance to replace it with an aftermarket one. Plus there’s no tuning involved and highly doubt Ford will void any warranty.

sootie

Reaction score
I’m not sure how many miles or what year your truck is but these 6.7’s are known for blowing the cac’s out and crapping out. I think it’s cheap insurance to replace it with an aftermarket one. Plus there’s no tuning involved and highly doubt Ford will void any warranty.

Blowing cac's? I think not... cold side pipes maybe. Regardless, that wont change or fix the oil the OP is showing in his pics.

Latest posts

Members online