Code frustration in the rain

Rule12b

Reaction score
So, I cannot seem to diagnose, much less solve a repeating issue with my 2015 F-350 6.7. Whenever it rains, I start throwing codes, namely P0687 and P0471, with an occasional P0108. The boost gauge pegs at start up and my EDGE shows 12 psi even when the motor is off. The manifold pressure shows 24 psi with engine off while actual barometric is 14.9. Of course then when it dries out, all returns to normal. I've both cleaned, then replaced the MAP. only to have this reoccur. The exhaust pressure sensor I've cleaned but not replaced. It seems fine. I have to think somehow water is getting into the circuit and shorting it but I cannot figure out where.

I do not think it is any of the tunes I'm running and reloading them doesn't solve any problems.

I've googled endlessly and see some of these problems repeated but mine is so moisture specific I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue and figured out where it was coming in. Any help is appreciated. . .

Profuzz

Reaction score
Check the NOX on the frame rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Unplug the pcm harness closest to the engine, clear the codes and see if the problem persists.

Rule12b

Reaction score
I'll try these ideas. The latest update is I installed a fresh MAP. After a massive day of rain, the problem reappeared albeit less severely and it would seem to clear itself after a bit. Also the code would throw (06A7) but the boost gauge and manifold pressure would be reading normally. After a day to dry out, all things are back to normal. <<sigh>>

Rule12b

Reaction score
Check the NOX on the frame rail

This would make a lot of sense as a place where water would be getting in although if I happened to be ******d, wouldn't that be too? This may well be a sensationally stupid question but still, I'm working with what few marbles I have in may head here. . .

Now as memory serves I had an issue with water getting in the NOX sensors but it threw P0100 and U106 codes I think. We went and waterproofed those spots but it's worth checking to see if it's held up.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
Hence why I said to unplug that harness. Saves you from going one module to the next and guessing. Eliminates them all in one shot.

Rule12b

Reaction score
Hence why I said to unplug that harness. Saves you from going one module to the next and guessing. Eliminates them all in one shot.

Point! But unplug the harness at the PCM itself? I'm not sure of the location you mean.

Last edited:

Profuzz

Reaction score
a9b30df23b7642e3c7203a163c8ab059.jpg

Latest posts

Members online