Led head lights

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I bought h13 led headlights and h10 fog lightsfrom retro solutions about 6 months ago. I havent been real happy with the light dispersion of the headlights, but the fogs are great. I was showing them to a buddy who wa curious about the leds vs hids and was parked really close to my garage while showing him. Anyway, i noticed that it seems that the forward reflector, where the tip of the normal bulb sits, is causing a dark spot, especially with the high beams on. It also seems that it is not allowing the low beams to be fully dispersed in the housing. Would it help to cut out the forward deflector? The lights need to come apart and get a bunch of crap cleaned out of them, so would this be worthwile while im in there? I dont really want to ruin a set of head lights, so am kinda gun shy to try, dont wanna make it worse...

Thanks.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
It seems that it would be an issue with either stock or aftermarket lamps. It also seems that the headlights should be somewhat "engineered" to function around the lamp cover. I probably wouldn't waste a set of headlights on the effort unless you had retrofit plans if it fails. Maybe there is a better designed set of LEDs that would work around that? Just my two cents.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I was thinking of looking for different bulbs possibly. No retrofit plans, as personally i cant stand the way they look. I know projectors are the best bet for light output, but are not visually appealing to me in any way. Thanks for the input.

nighthawk285

Reaction score
What style lights do you have from Retro? I've been running LED headlights in the stock housing with no dark spot issues for going on 2 years now, and they're clockable within the housing so I was able to dial in the beam pattern.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
They were not the super bright ones. Cant remember wattage and whatnot, but were 120 bucks, order form just says led headlights in my email. I clocked hem so the low beams are inside, as with the liws on the outside it seemed like there was worse light output.

Edit: looking at their site, theyare the 52w standard led bulbs with hi/low

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
They were not the super bright ones. Cant remember wattage and whatnot, but were 120 bucks, order form just says led headlights in my email. I clocked hem so the low beams are inside, as with the liws on the outside it seemed like there was worse light output.

Edit: looking at their site, theyare the 52w standard led bulbs with hi/low

Yeah they have the 72watt which is way better. I have a set here that I got to test for retro. They're just sitting here. They're yours if you want them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Huge thanks to Jomax these 72w headlights are a hell of a lot nicer. I got terrible pics in the shop, so i am gonna try to get different ones this weekend. Instead of having 1 led on 1 side for lows, these use 1 led on both sides so the entire headlight bucket is filled with light, and they actually disperse.

Jomax

Reaction score
Huge thanks to Jomax these 72w headlights are a hell of a lot nicer. I got terrible pics in the shop, so i am gonna try to get different ones this weekend. Instead of having 1 led on 1 side for lows, these use 1 led on both sides so the entire headlight bucket is filled with light, and they actually disperse.

Glad they're working out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pockets

Reaction score
Sorry about bringing this up from the dead. But do you have a link to the bulbs? My cheapo leds finally died.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

3brorce

Reaction score
Anyone tried LED headlights/fogs from superbrightleds. I have some interior lights and that from them and there headlights seem priced fairly well thinking about giving them a shot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.