VGT Open at idle... What am I missing?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I ended up borrowing a brand new tube/sensor to rule that out as well and had no luck. I still can't get it figured out

kjk427

Reaction score
I changed the value to zero all the way down to 148 ft/lbs and all the way across the table to the highest RPM. Because at idle your torque is somewhere around 120 or so. Theoretically you will never be at high RPM with that little amount of torque. I figured not changing the parameters in the higher RPM was confusing the the PCM. After I changed all three vanes and all the back pressure tables accordingly I have had no problem with the tune.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I'll try playing around with the table settings like you mentioned. I'm still having the same issue. My next step is to find another VGT actuator and swap that onto my truck and see if anything changes

Rueben1988

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the setting the TURBO VANE CONTROL MAXIMUM 1% higher that the TURBO VANE CONTROL 1 and 2? I see the maximum percent numbers are all higher than the 1 and 2 vane table numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rueben1988

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the setting the TURBO VANE CONTROL MAXIMUM 1% higher that the TURBO VANE CONTROL 1 and 2? I see the maximum percent numbers are all higher than the 1 and 2 vane table numbers.

EDIT EDIT !!!! Sorry I meant lower!!!!! Has anyone tried the setting the TURBO VANE CONTROL MAXIMUM 1% lower than the TURBO VANE CONTROL 1 and 2? I see the maximum percent numbers are all lower than the 1 and 2 vane table numbers.

TD-5

Reaction score
Before I'd adjust anything I'd want to know which table is the default table the ECM uses for everyday driving & under what conditions does it use the other two tables. Same goes for the Desired BP tables, 3 headings, COLD, WARM, & HOT. each with 4 tables. Logic says Hot engine table #1 would be the Default table for normal operation.... but is it?.
I don't have the answers, wish I did.
A while back I played around with these settings & it just made the truck laggy & smokey, So I have just stayed with the HD300 settings except for 0 BP settings below 750 RPM to get rid of the Angry hairdryer.

Latest posts

Members online