Bumpers

danich95

Reaction score
Whats everybody run for aftermarket bumpers? Hit my second deer this morning, thinking its time for a heavy duty one. Prefer something low-pro though.
Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
unlimited engineering has some nice ones. Search threads started by Trick Truck on here.

300000 and counting

Reaction score
I like fusion bumpers a lot, I have one on my 6.4, also if your gonna go stock again you might consider a 2008-2010 front bumper, they look good on OBS trucks.

79jasper

Reaction score
To be fair, he asked what aftermarket bumpers are people running.
Not what bumper everyone is running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Thanks guys, so far I'm leaning towards Road Armor
If you are going towards road armor, go with road rhino. Exact same thing, half the cost. I have bought DIY kits and assembled and bought fully finished ones and the fitment and quality is AWESOME. I've gotten probably 30 bumpers from Elijah.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Betarocker

Reaction score
Thanks for the help pal... But next time read the entire post.

Not everybody has aftermarket bumpers.

Possibly phrasing the question better would generate better results.

Example,
"What would you suggest for an aftermarket bumper?"

I had Road Armor bumpers on my old truck and will attempt to make modifications to it to use on my new truck. Quality is top notch, as is fit. The only thing I was not impressed with it was the powdercoating. It was very thin and didn't weather well. For the price, I would expect a more durable finish; possibly even galvanising. If I was to order one again, I would get it raw and arrange finishing locally.

I would guess that it would survive a deer; would need a Titan II to protect the grill, but the headlight openings are pretty large.

JuststrokeIT

Reaction score
Ive run Fab Fours on nearly all my trucks living in the Midwest hitting deer happens quiet a bit ive probably hit 5 or 6 in all with them most times I was going 65-70 and didn't have time to hit the brakes just kind of splattered them leaves a hell of a mess on the truck to clean up but ive never had one even dent. And some of our farm trucks get pretty beat up backing into poles and trailers by the help. I had buddy of mine hit a cow a year ago that got out at night on a gravel road the bumper was flawless but the truck dumped the frame from the force of the bumper trying to pull up I wouldn't go anywhere else I love my fab fours they've save me a lot of money that's for sure. The paint on them thou is a different story the salt here eats the paint usually in 4 years so I would think about getting it bedlined before install to keep it mint

Last edited:

slowcoupe

Reaction score
If you are going towards road armor, go with road rhino. Exact same thing, half the cost. I have bought DIY kits and assembled and bought fully finished ones and the fitment and quality is AWESOME. I've gotten probably 30 bumpers from Elijah.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I second this. I have had 3 sets of his WIY bumpers and will be buying a set for my dually soon.

This is the latest set I built for my big 04 I opted for the front prerunner bar on this set.. I modified them slightly removing the winch hole from the front bumper for a light bar provision and opened up the rear light holes to accommodate a 4" rigid and added holes for my reverse sensors.

During construction
8FB7A4CF-47C0-4739-8370-F3D387AB41A7_zpsiyzbffl3.png

Light bar provision

B5E00BD9-2A2F-4D5D-ABC7-1798723CA9A2_zpstmk14puk.jpg

Self etching coat
9420BD49-109B-493D-9217-9F969D272E75_zpssuaarfgv.jpg

Lined with raptor liner.
7C272253-4E2B-48DC-B378-13EEB6A22ABF_zpsjg12appz.jpg

Heres the set from my 08
38B18A6F-D880-483E-BE1A-A859A95A6A33_zpsps5odaon.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts