P0193

ckrueg

Reaction score
So my parents borrowed my old 6.4 for a 1000 mile trip and halfway home it just shut off. Threw a p0193 code when they checked it on the H&S that said "fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high" the truck has always run perfectly and even after it shut off they were able to get it started again and make it home. Occasionally it would cut out for a moment, and when idling in neutral it would start randomly revving. The rail pressure was also not where it should have been. It was hanging around 25k all the time and would sometimes drop for a moment to 8k or so. Is this a sign of a bad frp sensor or something worse? It never smoked or ran rough after the whole time, it would just cut out and rev up sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
More than likely the sensor. I would replace the uvc harness while you are there.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Possibly the hpfp gasket/harness also. Early 6.4s are known for the harness chafing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, it's a 2010 so I don't think it's the harness

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
mine is a 2010, and it was the harness.

replace it while your there, as mentioned above.

there are a few things you do on these trucks, just because for no good reason, and that harness is one of them.

ckrueg

Reaction score
mine is a 2010, and it was the harness.

replace it while your there, as mentioned above.

there are a few things you do on these trucks, just because for no good reason, and that harness is one of them.
Are you talking about the injector harness under the valve cover? Or is there another one you're talking about?

ckrueg

Reaction score
Well I got it all back together and running. I didn't do the harness because my brother needed the truck back together by tomorrow and we didn't get the part before everywhere closed. Only issue is the egt sensor isn't reading right. I double checked it and it's plugged in and was working before. No codes or anything either is the weird thing.

Latest posts

Members online