New from pa

F350BOB

Reaction score
Hi im a long time lurker 1st time poster here. I have been into Diesel a very long time. Bought my 97 f350 in 3/98 with 2,000 miles on it. It is basically stock except for the basics that were done in 98-00. Gold superchip which doesn't do anything, 3" down pipe 5" exhaust that was custom built before any were readily available on the aftermarket. Tymar intake and the normal gauges ie boost,pyro,and rans temp. It was lifted with a 6" skyjacker with less than 4,000 miles on it. It was never driven in winter but regrettably has been in the woods quite a few times. Hey I was young and stupid. My plans now are remove big dumb lift and go with pmf rsk with u and b codes and a 35 x 12.50 tire. Truck has less than 70k on it . I really never messed with real performance stuff since it always ran good although not a powerhouse it was good for what it is. I don't have a ton of money to dump into it but a little obs love each year wont hurt. I am having a slight intermittent miss at 1500-2000 that I will dig into come spring time. Possibly doing e fuel to rid of all that garbage in the valley. I also have a e 99 spyder laying around to do intercooler. I know how this stuff snowballs quickly I just want around 400 rwh not something crazy but next come big hpop than injectors then bts. I will be researching more now and see what comes of the missing issue my buddy has a snap on scanner to check it out after winter.

superpsd

Reaction score
I would ditch the gold chip for a hydra chip with extension cable and you can change tunes without removing the chip. A lot of good tuning available rather than what's on that old chip. A RSK will typically improve the ride greatly.

Last edited:

F350BOB

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. I hear you on the hydra chip. The old gold chip is actually removed now while I am troubleshooting the miss. I really don't think it does much at all. I almost bought a 6 position ts chip this summer but decided to wait. I always loved the obs and will never get rid of mine. Its actually a good thing I have no desire for a new truck since they are ridiculously priced that no average working person can afford one..I kind of stopped liking new powerstrokes when the silver badge of death showed up in 03. I am more of a lurker than a poster. I was big into spending money 15 years ago then marriage and a daughter came along bye bye truck truck money. I have lots to relearn about these beasts and luckily there is still people keeping these dinosaurs going.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
welcome to PSA man! glad to see your love not dieing out either!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

F350BOB

Reaction score
Thanks lincolnlocker funny thing is I just got rid of my Lincoln locker Story is my buddy had a 4x4/diesel performance shop back about 12 years ago and had a open house everyone started doing burnouts . I at the time had 38 groung hawgs and blew out my spider gears pulled in the shop and welded it up . It amazingly held up I just got tired of it. But it sure was cool in the beginning chirping around corners.Your right my love will never die it's weird when I see any obs even gassers or a Superduty and it has a 7.3 badge on the door or e99 powerstroke v8 on fender its like a normal person seing a Ferrari or Lamborghini believe it or not these trucks are getting rare especially in nice shape.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks lincolnlocker funny thing is I just got rid of my Lincoln locker Story is my buddy had a 4x4/diesel performance shop back about 12 years ago and had a open house everyone started doing burnouts . I at the time had 38 groung hawgs and blew out my spider gears pulled in the shop and welded it up . It amazingly held up I just got tired of it. But it sure was cool in the beginning chirping around corners.Your right my love will never die it's weird when I see any obs even gassers or a Superduty and it has a 7.3 badge on the door or e99 powerstroke v8 on fender its like a normal person seing a Ferrari or Lamborghini believe it or not these trucks are getting rare especially in nice shape.
lol.. right on..

me too man!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts