Fuel lab pump questions

Reaction score
Interesting to know. How old is your pump mine has been sitting on the shelf for 2-4 years in the box so it is an older one but still brand new

DieselJpower

Reaction score
I talked to Fuel Labs today and my pump had their old style controller that gave them lots of problems. The new controller will get installed and the pump will be on its way back free of charge. I will install it again and keep the Walbro for backup again.

Same here I talked to them today too, they told me the new controlers should be there Wed-Thurs. Mines going up for sale though to run a dual stock pump setup with an emergency homemade stock single kit in the toolbox just in case. I litterally got 2 weeks out of my fuelab so to Preston or any one who has an older model pump never installed, I'd call fuelab send it back and make them update the controller.

I drive a 7.3 also.

Reaction score
Lol pumps been in the shelf longer than I thought it was manufactured in 2011 and still new in box. I talked to fuel lab and he said he would run it there was a large majority that didn't have any problems he said he wouldn't stress it.

Jomax

Reaction score
Same here I talked to them today too, they told me the new controlers should be there Wed-Thurs. Mines going up for sale though to run a dual stock pump setup with an emergency homemade stock single kit in the toolbox just in case. I litterally got 2 weeks out of my fuelab so to Preston or any one who has an older model pump never installed, I'd call fuelab send it back and make them update the controller.

I drive a 7.3 also.

Need a dual fuel pump setup LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselJpower

Reaction score
Need a dual fuel pump setup LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know right , I was pissed bc I wanted dual stockers from the get go. Now after wasting the money on fuelab and the a1000, I call it lesson learned. Plus the strictly kit would have been a pain to put in with how mine is already setup any way. I do really appreciate you trying to help me out though.

After remembering this is the 6.0 forum, has any oNE ever tried dual 7.3 stock pumps on a 6.0 ?

ford rules

Reaction score
I never had issues with my fuelab, 55 PSI for over 5 yrs now.
If you want stock reliability run a single 6.7 psd pump.

mandkole

Reaction score
if you have a daily and want more fuel, Id definitely go to a more factory pump setup (dual 7.3s, single 6.7, etc). Aftermarket pumps were not designed for the hours that come with a daily-drive duty cycle. However, fuelab makes an excellent pump and for my deal, I could not be happier. (when I take occasional out of town trips I think about not having a spare once in awhile.. :confused:)

strokin6L

Reaction score
There's a reason why the fuelab has a reduced speed setting in their pump....for street use! My truck has been on a handful of trips and I'm never worried about it. Been going strong for 7yrs without an issue.