anybody still running a srp1.1?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Mine blew in less than 5k miles. What a mess that was. Caused 3k of damage to the injectors and HPOP system. No wonder the guy ran for the hills.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My first one in my personal truck, exact same outcome. Wrecked a newer set of injectors and I had tough starting issues that were undoubtedly tied to the pump. I asked fir some help confirming it was indeed the pump(duh) before sending it in. Gary berated me, this forum, anyone who has modded a 7.3, and told me to ***k off basically. Then when i threatened to fly down and shove it through his face he back peddled and said send it in and he'd go through the six month old pump with 3500 miles on itn on my dime. I stuck a 15 degree on there i had and watched all my issues disappear. Some that i didnt know were hpo related.

I had a brand new one (less than 500 miles) in a box in my shop. I stuffed it in to use temporary back in July as the 15 is on the fritz. It worked great for three weeks. Then startred gettjng finicky when hot.

Fast forward to Christmas. With 6500 miles on it it has srarted puking oil into the valley out the back cover. It doesnt start well in warm ambient temps. If its cold out it works but not after the engine is warm. It builds icp but it idkes god awful after throtyle is applied and let off.

That said dynoproven can fix it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
So I ended up buying that SRP from Tim after talking to KC at DP. Super nice fellow and very conversational. He said they charge $400 to do the conversion now. I was a little worried about purchasing a paperweight, but he said that if it was pretty much and most of the parts were reusable then it was a smoking deal. We'll see. :) It will be nice to have this as a backup pump if the stocker have isn't up to the task after replacing my injectors sometime this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You gotta run larger injectors pretty hard to tax a 17 degree pump. People have made 600hp on 17deg bosch pumps.

ja_cain

Reaction score
So you spoke with someone at Dyno Proven?

What did they tell you for turn around time?
Don't remember. Doesn't matter for me as I'm in no big hurry. If I talk to them again, I'll let you know.

ja_cain

Reaction score
You gotta run larger injectors pretty hard to tax a 17 degree pump. People have made 600hp on 17deg bosch pumps.
I think mine could be possibly on the way out, but could also be injectors (or orings) as they have 165k on them. Truck will not hold commanded icp in my PHP DD tune and sucks balls after a hard pull. This pump should be awesome (as long as they can fix it) relative to a stocker and probably cost me the same.

ja_cain

Reaction score
My first one in my personal truck, exact same outcome. Wrecked a newer set of injectors and I had tough starting issues that were undoubtedly tied to the pump. I asked fir some help confirming it was indeed the pump(duh) before sending it in. Gary berated me, this forum, anyone who has modded a 7.3, and told me to ***k off basically. Then when i threatened to fly down and shove it through his face he back peddled and said send it in and he'd go through the six month old pump with 3500 miles on itn on my dime. I stuck a 15 degree on there i had and watched all my issues disappear. Some that i didnt know were hpo related.

I had a brand new one (less than 500 miles) in a box in my shop. I stuffed it in to use temporary back in July as the 15 is on the fritz. It worked great for three weeks. Then startred gettjng finicky when hot.

Fast forward to Christmas. With 6500 miles on it it has srarted puking oil into the valley out the back cover. It doesnt start well in warm ambient temps. If its cold out it works but not after the engine is warm. It builds icp but it idkes god awful after throtyle is applied and let off.

Awesome info. I especially love the part about you threatening to shove it through his face. Lol! That's awesome!

TyCorr

Reaction score
He got ignorant with me. I don't do well with that unless wevre face to face. Ironically i can count on one hand the number of guys that have said anything like that en physica.

TyCorr

Reaction score
He did poorly handling the pr on the srp and closed up shop to avoid the issue.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Here it is. The swash plate end plug has some marked on it from someone trying to pry on it. Everything else looks OK I guess. Not sure what it's supposed to look like. Also looks like it's complete. Hopefully DP can make it work again at a reasonable price.

f140aa3d6e5e196579f178579dec05eb.jpg

eb20846e5cf50773bcdbaa8b79532b4a.jpg

f117c6795cb36783b3abe14f429cabaa.jpg

e78501b788079e2b08239519869c8035.jpg

d49cf599dedfb4d937634daf43cb5945.jpg

5fe1958132c02289db0ec5525ec0e0f0.jpg

f62f551be8fae18bfc6782f6cf16ec24.jpg

15fec4238fceba43b9715a4691b5f49b.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Here it is. The swash plate end plug has some marked on it from someone trying to pry on it. Everything else looks OK I guess. Not sure what it's supposed to look like. Also looks like it's complete. Hopefully DP can make it work again at a reasonable price.

f140aa3d6e5e196579f178579dec05eb.jpg

eb20846e5cf50773bcdbaa8b79532b4a.jpg

f117c6795cb36783b3abe14f429cabaa.jpg

e78501b788079e2b08239519869c8035.jpg

d49cf599dedfb4d937634daf43cb5945.jpg

5fe1958132c02289db0ec5525ec0e0f0.jpg

f62f551be8fae18bfc6782f6cf16ec24.jpg

15fec4238fceba43b9715a4691b5f49b.jpg

that's all that is inside a hpop? never seen one apart... looks Chinese to me.. lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

ja_cain

Reaction score
that's all that is inside a hpop? never seen one apart... looks Chinese to me.. lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass
Just some pistons, springs, swash plate, swash plate plug and housing. Open up a power washer sometime and you will probably see the same kind of setup. Here is a good writeup on the disassembly of one. Mine looks a little different (which it should).

http://videoflier.com/web/jesseg/HEUI_HPOP_Disassembly/

m j

Reaction score
mine doesnt have that metal band around the barrel.
did you measure the diameter of the 'pistons'?
.437 is stock .500 is srp

the only thing that can fail other then the factory housing is the springs.
if you find a source for replacement springs let me know.

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
Just some pistons, springs, swash plate, swash plate plug and housing. Open up a power washer sometime and you will probably see the same kind of setup. Here is a good writeup on the disassembly of one. Mine looks a little different (which it should).

http://videoflier.com/web/jesseg/HEUI_HPOP_Disassembly/

I like that link
it appears they have a snapring to retain the guide plate around the feet of the 'pistons', I do not recall that on my pump

ja_cain

Reaction score
mine doesnt have that metal band around the barrel.
did you measure the diameter of the 'pistons'?
.437 is stock .500 is srp

the only thing that can fail other then the factory housing is the springs.
4b062a6f259efa577ad0591569204d3b.jpg

1a6660f0732ea185c0a2f4078433f88f.jpg

Took these this morning. That band looks to be made out of something much stronger than the brass? I suspect to hold the thing together since they remove a significant amount of material to accommodate the larger pistons.

m j

Reaction score
He did poorly handling the pr on the srp and closed up shop to avoid the issue.

well dealing with people like you, that blame the wind and rain on an hpop, would get pretty tiresome.
I recall the warranty to include a fee and a stringent time limit on registering the purchase to qualify.
my recollection of your story was you were not willing to comply to the terms.

I still have not seen images of any of your failed pumps. I will still give you core price for any of your SRP pumps and will post up images of what failed.
you have a fear of seeing if what you claim to be is fact that I do not comprehend.
you do like to crow a lot on the topic but havent opened a single HPOP from what I have seen posted.

is this proven? have you used their service (I think I remember you saying you were going to)? has anyone looked to see what they actually do to fix it?
they are as close lipped about what they do as any of them.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

With a few measurements of the springs, knowing installed and working heights, and measuring spring rates - a suitable replacement should be relatively easy. I would also assume that they are setup in such a way that the springs are fatiguing and breaking.... so unless its a very ****ty combination of things, that could be addressed as well.

ja_cain

Reaction score
With a few measurements of the springs, knowing installed and working heights, and measuring spring rates - a suitable replacement should be relatively easy. I would also assume that they are setup in such a way that the springs are fatiguing and breaking.... so unless its a very ****ty combination of things, that could be addressed as well.

Good info! I love mcmaster for choosing different components. Their website is second to none. I have ordered springs from them in the past for different projects and they make it much easier to pick the right one.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#compression-springs/=15zxnyj

superpsd

Reaction score
well dealing with people like you, that blame the wind and rain on an hpop, would get pretty tiresome.
I recall the warranty to include a fee and a stringent time limit on registering the purchase to qualify.
my recollection of your story was you were not willing to comply to the terms.

I still have not seen images of any of your failed pumps. I will still give you core price for any of your SRP pumps and will post up images of what failed.
you have a fear of seeing if what you claim to be is fact that I do not comprehend.
you do like to crow a lot on the topic but havent opened a single HPOP from what I have seen posted.

is this proven? have you used their service (I think I remember you saying you were going to)? has anyone looked to see what they actually do to fix it?
they are as close lipped about what they do as any of them.

Of course they will not completely say what they are doing to fix the problem. They do have a video on thier Facebook page about the parts and upgrades they do to thier general line of hpops. Some had good success with Stealth but I have read numerous threads with mentions of failed hpops and many that took out the injectors along with it. I've now had my SR in a year now and it is my daily driver. Not one hiccup knock on wood. It's no secret Stealth had issues as if they had an excellent product they would still be in business. He probably cut his phone lines and is hiding in a cave.

Last edited:

ja_cain

Reaction score
Of course they will not completely say what they are doing to fix the problem. They do have a video on thier Facebook page about the parts and upgrades they do to thier general line of hpops. Some had good success with Stealth but I have read numerous threads with mentions of failed hpops and many that took out the injectors along with it. I've now had my SR in a year now and it is my daily driver. Not one hiccup knock on wood. It's no secret Stealth had issues as if they had an excellent product they would still be in business. He probably cut his phone lines and is hiding in a cave.

Hey man, you got a link to one of their videos? I can't seem to find one on their FB page. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online