2003 6.0 oil pressure drops to zero

barhopper

Reaction score
When at idle the stock oil pressure Guage drops to nothing. I have read that it's not an actual Guage, and if in fact there's not enough oil pressure the engine will shut down. Here we go, another 6.0 problem. Let me know if you have any ideas for where to start.
Eric

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
or the sending unit. start out by measuring oil psi by removing stock sender and putting in mechanical gauge. see what actually is going on, then go from there

barhopper

Reaction score
10-4 thanks guys, I'll get to work. Doubt if it's connected to the op Guage issue, but the thing has quite a steel that gets worse with increased rpm. Belt looks good, tensioner seems to be in alignment... any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Yeah that's never good with low pressure oil issues.

Pull your oil filter and use the jumper wire on the passenger side fender to crank the motor and see how fast the oil filter housing fills up. If it fills up in around 10 secs lpop is normally good. That would indicate a problem after the pump (meaning likely hpop) if it takes a long time to fill up or doesn't fill up at all it's lpop issue. Pull the pump and inspect.

webb06

Reaction score
We had one in a few weeks ago that the oil filter drain back valve was missing and an aftermarket filter was in it. Showed no oil pressure at idle. Didn't ever drive it except idling it into the shop so idk if it came up with rpm.

Could very well be the ball missing from hpop though as well as a bad sending unit like already said.

Remove sending unit and test with a manual gauge to rule out the sending unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online