Old diesel?

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Hey guys, my truck has been sitting for 18 months, finally got it back running again. The truck wouldn't run at first until i found out that diesel goes bad after about 6 months to a year. So i drained the tank, filled it with a fresh 5 gallons, and changed both pre and post fuel filters.

But now im having a problem as the rear tank has another 5 gallons of diesel that im assuming is bad. Is there any kind of additive to add to it and make it okay to use, or do i need to drain the tank and do the same as the front tank?

Thanks guys!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Drain it...mix with old used oil to burn leaves and brush. Its no good for consumption.

Id drain it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Do you have a fuel system or just stock stuff?

If you empty the tank and pour some dope in there. Seafosm or a whole bottle of power services for biodiesel and then fill it you should be ok. But if you are handy and you can get the tank out, might be a good idea.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Drain....dump some dipe that kills algae snd disperse water. Refill. Have filters on standby

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
shorty filters

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass
Im confused? What do you mean shorty filters? They're probably close to 8" long.
Drain....dump some dipe that kills algae snd disperse water. Refill. Have filters on standby

I just put new filters in the truck too, less than 100 miles ago haha. Ill order another set for replacement after the job is done.

Latest posts

Members online