along with new alliant valve cover gaskets and injector harnesses
and also while in there new motorcraft glow plugs it had autolites
and i was told to get em out of there so i did

in any case the truck ran good for a while and now it has a slight misfire
when the engine temp gauge gets about 1/4 inch from cold
when its cold it doesn't do it,,, it runs smooth as glass
i also noticed a little more bluish smoke coming from the tailpipe
that will burn your eyes smells like fuel

i was told by a couple ford techs that alliant can be china made and American made,, never heard this one before
but they said they have had the alliant gaskets go bad like dorman?
never heard that either i thought alliant was a good product
in any case im thinking that something is changing as the engine warms
i was thinking maybe one of the gaskets and or pigtails went bad? causing the slight skip? any ideas on what to check or if anyone has had the same issue before?

mandkole

Reaction score
Changing injector behavior as the oil warms isn't usually an electrical issue. If the injs buzz, they have power. Warn poppets leaking hpo as the oil warms is a classic warm operating issue.

superpsd

Reaction score
An injector that works perfect cold but fails when the oil is warm can the a worn upper poppet valve seat and high pressure oil is being lost especially when the viscosity changes due to warm oil. If they are remanyfactured they may have not been bench tested. Even with bench testing depending on procedures it seems sometimes a set that tests perfect will still have an issue. It is also possible the oil sides have been shimed to compensate for worn poppet valves. Mandkole is on the money.

Last edited:

outlawpowerstroke

Reaction score
An injector that works perfect cold but fails when the oil is warm can the a worn upper poppet valve seat and high pressure oil is being lost especially when the viscosity changes due to warm oil. If they are remanyfactured they may have not been bench tested. Even with bench testing depending on procedures it seems sometimes a set that tests perfect will still have an issue. It is also possible the oil sides have been shimed to compensate for worn poppet valves. Mandkole is on the money.

Not tryin to thread jack but how do you go about fixing it? Havin the same problems and wanna get it fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbocoupe

Reaction score
well my buddie who helped me told me he used the hold downs to seat 4 injectors
on the pass side any chance that he may have torn an o ring and that is causing loss of pressure to the injectors?
I used a small rubber mallet to do my side and then ran a straight edge across the tops of the solenoids
I went to the store to get some beers when he installed them ,, I should have sent him
dammit
is there any way to test if the o rings are leaking or should I just pull the injectors?

mandkole

Reaction score
pull the valve covers, check them with a soft hammer and level to insure they are down tight. Then, disconnect injector power and crank the motor to build ICP. During cranking, you will be looking for a leak-- oil bubbling around the injector base or the poppet valves (the spout). If you begin to find oil in the fuel filter, that's another sign.

turbocoupe

Reaction score
well I checked the injectors with a straight edge they are all sitting pretty
I took the spouts off the injectors so I could see if any oil comes out of the holes
that squirts the oil out of the spouts 6 out of eight are leaking oil out of the holes
a few drip more oil than others 2 out of eight don't drip any oil

this sounds like bad news as these injectors are only 4 months old and have only 300 miles of use on them,, I stopped driving the truck when I noticed it started to misfire
any suggestions
how do I fix these?
I also pulled the fuel filter cap to see if any oil was in there and there is none

mandkole

Reaction score
fug.. those are leakers. Just like a valve and a valve seat, the poppet seat begins to recess then the armature clearance is lost. you need the pressure going to the intensifier piston not back out the injector.

turbocoupe

Reaction score
well thanks mandkole I was thinking it wasn't good after reading what you said
my stomach dropped so it looks like im going to have to work some overtime the next few weeks to pay to have these gone through just what I didn't want to hear but
it is what it is,, just kinda goes sideways that such a company people rant over doesn't stand behind there parts and blames the customer for there bad
oh well,, thanks for all the info much appreciated

Latest posts

Members online