Deranged rebuild, the next chapter

JMart

Reaction score
What gave you that idea? Didn't know there was a rule about running 2 vehicles at a race :naughty:

I thought I read in the sale add that once the mustang was ready you wouldn't be running the ranger much. That and I thought running to race cars would get real expensive fast. But hey, I want to see them both run so I am glad you are still running the ranger and not just letting it sit if it doesn't sell.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
We still want to push the ranger to see what we can get out of it and it will probably tag along to the closer races and we will race it at the smaller local races here where there isn't a class for the mustang or the track can't handle it.

But yes it will see less track time once the mustang is up and going

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Figured I would update this since we are doing some things to the ranger over wonder and spring. We are pulling out the thrown together built motor that is in it. We had to build this motor in 5 days before we left for Texas nationals last spring so it's pretty much stock other than the rods and cam. So that's getting pulled and put in my 06 truck. It's being replaced by a new motor we are balancing and blueprinting with a lot more stuff to try and keep headgaskets on the thing lol. Ringing the block and heads as well as trying some copper gaskets. Our performance engine shop wants to try it.

We are also pulling out the old mild cage and building a 25.6 spec moly cage for more safety. Also making a removable front clip with tubular support to shead weight.

The truck is also getting a new driver since I will be focusing on the mustang.

I'll try to keep this updated with picture as we make progress.

shmoozer

Reaction score
This is exciting! Who's the new driver going to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.