Help.... please

bpan

Reaction score
Wtf.... don't bring your truck back there. That guy mad a mess of things.

Jr white

Reaction score
Yep, I called and talk to him, he promises he will pay for it. Guess I will wait and see.

jaynick1

Reaction score
Update.... turbo bolts where loose not torqued to specs, had put silicone on turbo gasket, was leaking, coolant system would not hold pressure. Drained 9 gallons of oil and coolant out of oil pan, was the consistency of thick cake batter, had put wrong coolant in, used yellow instead of orange. Put new gasket under turbo and tightened bolts to spec, coolant system holding pressure now, so hopefully that was problem. Now just have to change oil few time to make sure all coolant out of oil system and hopefully no further damage was done.

Thank you all for your comments.

Wow... he should refund you for almost killing your truck.

sootie

Reaction score
hope your bearings arent wiped out all thru the engine...wonder if he'll pay for a motor in 30-60k when it spins a bearing...

Jr white

Reaction score
I'm no mechanic by any means, but what's the chances on bearing or some other internal part being messed up or chances of something messing up in future because of this? Keep truck or get rid of it?

DieselDog

Reaction score
I'm no mechanic by any means, but what's the chances on bearing or some other internal part being messed up or chances of something messing up in future because of this? Keep truck or get rid of it?
It's a big possibility Any water introduced into you oil system will have a adverse effect wether is now or later. Not only do you need to worry about bearings but with the way you have describe fluid coming out of crankcase I would be worried about piston oil jets, lifter oil misters, oil pump, camshaft the new turbo you just installed anything that is lubricated by the oil system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.