My 86 Fummins Project

Matt_P

Reaction score
Well as a lot of you know I had a fummins I sold, and it was a lot of fun but not practical for a daily driver so I sold it, but Ive still wanted another one and one that I could say I built myself with the help of good friends.

Well I have my 86 F-150 that was my first truck I had since I was 16 that has always been a mess of problems, so after 4 years of sitting it has become my new fummins project.

So far I bought an 01 Dodge donor truck that was t-boned and somewhat parted out already for 2k

Its a 24v cummins, auto tranny, 4x4 with 116k on it and ran fine when it was parked to part out. So I have everything I need for the swap there.

Gonna make my own motor mounts, box the frame to just right behind the cab

I picked up a dodge dana 60 and 80 earlier this week for 1k that is going to be under the truck with a home made 3 link set up for the front.

All the ford wiring is a mess from the previous owner for mostly all dodge wiring will be used in the truck.

Im keeping the 3" body lift and stock dodge height with most likely a set of black 20x12s and 35s.

Engine wise Ill see what is left in the budget,

but so far I have 3k in the truck.

As of right now the old 302, tranny and tcase is out and the front end is out along with the whole dash and bed is unbolted ready to come out. Today Im gonna pull the stock axles out.

Here are pictures so far!

What it looked like:
P1010823.jpg

P1010821.jpg

IMG_20110916_191048.jpg

Old 302:
IMG_20110916_191114.jpg

Dash torn out
IMG_20110916_191130.jpg

Donor truck:
IMG_20110927_133535.jpg

New axles:
IMG_20110927_133512.jpg

How the truck looks right now:
IMG_20110927_133444.jpg

IMG_20110927_133453.jpg

IMG_20110927_133433.jpg

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm loving these old school fummins builds. I was looking at older F250/350's and thinking about doing one for my son as a father son project. Keep up the good work.

Matt_P

Reaction score
So awesome Matt

Thanks Josh!

This is gonna be sick when its done!

Thanks man, I hope so!

bout to be sweet

Thanks!

Thanks Josh! Put a full night of work with big from a couple people tonight as well.

Looks good man should be a fun project

Thanks, its a lot of fun so far

I'm loving these old school fummins builds. I was looking at older F250/350's and thinking about doing one for my son as a father son project. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I cant wait to drive this truck again.

So thats what this beast looks like. Let me know if you need some help on those link arms that we discussed last night.

Yep thats the project Jason! And I will definitely be needing your expertise with the link arms, I definitely want to go the route you suggested so Ill definitely be seeking your help soon! Me and bryan want to get the front axle in next week.

***k yeah this is going to be sweet

Thanks man!

Nice cant wait to see it finished!

Thanks!

Can't wait to help you out with this Matt!!!

Its gonna be fun Mike!

Oh and for a quick update we worked hard tonight and pulled the rear axle out and got all our measurements for where to remount the perches on the dana 80

We had to move each perch out about an inch so with big help from Bryan Rittenhouse and a couple other friends we got the perches cut off, measured and welded back in and it lines up perfect under the truck, just gotta get some u bolts made and the rear axle is in! Next week is the front axle.

juniort444e

Reaction score
If ray is helping you i feel bad. Lmao jkn. Looking to be a pretty cool project. Whats your time frame for completing this. And soon as i get my truck back im headed out that way, to check this thing out.

Matt_P

Reaction score
If ray is helping you i feel bad. Lmao jkn. Looking to be a pretty cool project. Whats your time frame for completing this. And soon as i get my truck back im headed out that way, to check this thing out.

Haha oh yeah he is gonna be helping. Me and him will have a great time figuring all the wiring out. and thanks yeah youll have to come out to check it out. As for a time frame, I want to have it done by next May.

Next week will be getting the front axle in, then boxing the frame and then its on to getting the engine mounts and tranny crossmember made and all that in place and working on hooking up the hydroboost from the dodge for brakes and so on. Itll be a while. lol

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
Haha oh yeah he is gonna be helping. Me and him will have a great time figuring all the wiring out. and thanks yeah youll have to come out to check it out. As for a time frame, I want to have it done by next May.

Next week will be getting the front axle in, then boxing the frame and then its on to getting the engine mounts and tranny crossmember made and all that in place and working on hooking up the hydroboost from the dodge for brakes and so on. Itll be a while. lol

looks good man when you get to the wiring i should be able to help u just holla

Matt_P

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.