MCC transmission file question

Strokersace

Reaction score
Loading my new custom tunes onto the Black Maxx for my 2010. I chose the engine file and when prompted I then select the custom trans file. It goes through the downloading process and says it's loading the trans file. But once the process is fully complete, I go to the settings and see the custom engine file, but not the trans file. It's still showing the transmission option I had with the h&s programming.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried it multiple times with the same result.

1st page of Settings after completion that shows the custom engine file:

18ea9a72b3a89729e08d4332963b2cb9.jpg

2nd page of Settings still showing h&s trans file:

9b075bf2d050121187bf30e369eb2fab.jpg

And this is the trans file I'd expect to see in the settings after completion:

c20df55b1f202d0b277acde500053aee.jpg

They're both in the "custom" folder on the SD card. The import process recognizes the custom trans file.

Thanks guys!

ckrueg

Reaction score
Mine would show the same thing even when a custom file is loaded. It seems to show whatever base file you started with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
Interesting.

I though that they said it would show the custom trans file too. The trans tuning doesn't feel much if any different than before though. I've put about 600 miles on it since 1st loading them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Try removing all the other files from the custom folder with the exception of the one engine and one trans file you want to use. Then return to stock with the black maxx prior to installing the custom tunes. (don't start the truck in the stock state)

That will eliminate any possibility of any file being installed other than what you left in the folder.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Try removing all the other files from the custom folder with the exception of the one engine and one trans file you want to use. Then return to stock with the black maxx prior to installing the custom tunes. (don't start the truck in the stock state)

That will eliminate any possibility of any file being installed other than what you left in the folder.

Those are the only 2 files in the custom folder.

I'll try returning it to stock over my lunch but iirc I did before loading the custom tunes last weekend and it had me load h&s tuning before I got the option to import custom ones. Can't 100% recall though.

sootie

Reaction score
Those are the only 2 files in the custom folder.

I'll try returning it to stock over my lunch but iirc I did before loading the custom tunes last weekend and it had me load h&s tuning before I got the option to import custom ones. Can't 100% recall though.

do not download H&S tuning prior to installing custom tunes-its not necessary.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Returned to stock, didn't start truck. Started the Install download process. Go through the tire size and speed limiter settings, then it had me "select tune". There are the 3 h&s tunes. No options for custom ones.

Last edited:

Latest posts