6.7 Intercooler Piping Project

Kxc

Reaction score
Gonna get after it this weekend . Fabricating new intake and boost piping to let the new 65.5 streetmax breath. Also some other goodies thrown in. Christmas in October ! Anyone try this yet ? I just can't pull the trigger on $1400 set
45e77069e4a49da2bfc7934f990fcdad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpan

Reaction score
keep us updated! Sounds like a good project!, what are you using for the intake flanges?

Kxc

Reaction score
3/8" stainless plate. Using graphite gasket paper for the first y pipe while the other flanges get the groove machines for the o ring

bpan

Reaction score
3/8" stainless plate. Using graphite gasket paper for the first y pipe while the other flanges get the groove machines for the o ring

I know Elite used to sell the flanges only. I couldn't seem to find them now though. Not sure if they were SS or Alum. Might be easier than making your own?

Kxc

Reaction score
Stainless flanges from MPD where over $300 so that kinda didn't make the project worth it. I'll keep everyone posted as to how I make out

Kxc

Reaction score
aa1ebe07129f3c1e38fcad111342775b.jpg

Cut out a template for the flanges today. Moving right along !

Kxc

Reaction score
Wow Great job , that will definitely help along the way !

Reaction score
I used aluminum because I had seen videos of guys using a regular carbide bit to route aluminun. You'd be surprised at how easy it was. I first made a jig out of 1/2 birch plywood then routed the main large hole, then enlarged my template and routed the groove. The bits shredded the aluminum into small flakes.

Kxc

Reaction score
Waiting for some new tunes for the street max from Alberta . PIP says to run the same tune and let them know if I want to change anything . Thoughts on this ? Anyone run same tune after putting the larger street max turbo on ?

tigwerks

Reaction score
I started on mine last week. Ive had these aluminum flanges made for a few months. 3d port matched and use a regular o-ring to seal. Luckily i had just enough counterbore to grab the inside of the flange in the lathe and converted these to use clamshell clamps. I then turned up some matching titanium weld ferrules so i can do some titanium piping on my truck.

hydraflow_zpsfqqoietx.jpg

Reaction score
I started on mine last week. Ive had these aluminum flanges made for a few months. 3d port matched and use a regular o-ring to seal. Luckily i had just enough counterbore to grab the inside of the flange in the lathe and converted these to use clamshell clamps. I then turned up some matching titanium weld ferrules so i can do some titanium piping on my truck.

hydraflow_zpsfqqoietx.jpg
I had asked you if you sold the ones you had on Facebook before I started mine a couple months ago. Yours are sweet and I'd thought about using the Vanjen clamps similar to yours so the immediate radius pieces could rotate to ensure the angles were exact but couldn't justify the $100 per clamp when I was trying to do it on a budget. I think I ended up spending around $500 including the $150 for welding. I can tell you the front bolt on the drivers side was hard to get to with the radius pipe going right over the top and not leaving a lot of room to tighten it down. The differece after installing though was definitely noticeable.

tigwerks

Reaction score
Ive had a lot of guys ask me recently about them. Not sure how they are stumbling on to them as its been months since i had them made. I designed them to start production on some parts but just havent got around to it yet which is the only reason ive hung on to them, in the hopes i may do something with them besides just the set im using on my truck. Have 2 sets left. I search ebay every week and hoard all the hydraflow clamps I can when i find them for a good price since these go for close to $300 a clamp set

Latest posts

Members online