Anyone running this diy rebuild/upgrade kit?

Chris2590

Reaction score
I've got it on my truck now and it seems to flow a lot more air. Lowers boost pressure by 5 psi on my truck. I'm sending my chip in to get some custom tunes from dp tuner.

Northernguy

Reaction score
I will be interested to see what DP does for you, Matt didn't change anything in my tunes when I upgraded to the d66.. I may start a different thread that I have been contemplating for awhile to see if anyone has had a d66 (66mm drop in) live tuned. They certainly get a bad rap for being slow to spool and smokey, but wondering if anyone has tried to work past it with tuning?

jjsalz

Reaction score
I will be interested to see what DP does for you, Matt didn't change anything in my tunes when I upgraded to the d66.. I may start a different thread that I have been contemplating for awhile to see if anyone has had a d66 (66mm drop in) live tuned. They certainly get a bad rap for being slow to spool and smokey, but wondering if anyone has tried to work past it with tuning?

I haven't had mine live tuned, but I'll make a comment on the turbo itself (Beans D66). I gotta say it's a great turbo. I went that route instead of t4 only because of funds, but it's definitely a great turbo. It's not too laggy/smokey for me, it's definitely comparable (smoke/spool time) to the stock tp38 at least for me anyways. You may have heard that it's laggy/smoky from others but I'll tell you right now most of those probably just needed better tunes, and maybe expected a bit too much out of the D66. For instance, maybe they expected no smoke when the pedal gets mushed straight to the floorboards. Just thought I'd offer my experiences with it, and to the OP that rebuild kit looks pretty good and is probably going to have similar effects compared to the Beans D66 in my truck

powerstroke95

Reaction score
I've got it on my truck now and it seems to flow a lot more air. Lowers boost pressure by 5 psi on my truck. I'm sending my chip in to get some custom tunes from dp tuner.

I'm at a loss, why do you think its flowing more air if you lost boost? Where are you pulling you boost reference?

Last edited:

08Monster

Reaction score
I'm at a loss, why do you think its flowing more air if you lost boost? Where are you pulling you boost reference?
Bigger turbos lower boost, but flow more CFM. When I went from compounds on my 6.4L, 55psi easy, to a single turbo, 43psi, it made alot more power on 43psi from the big single.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

powerstroke95

Reaction score
because boost is simply a measure of restriction...

Right but if you're measuring boost at the manifolds, seems your restriction is the head, or the valves themselves. If the turbo is pushing more CFM, seems like pressure at the point of the head would have to raise. I fail to see how a pressure measurement at the heads can pick up on restriction up stream from it.

Latest posts

Members online