Looks like coolant trouble...

Arkansas89

Reaction score
Found a coolant puddle under the front of the block on my 2007 6.0 today, about 1/2 a gallon. Upon inspection of the engine bay, the only coolant I found was around the mounting flange for the intake elbow, but I'm not sure how that would be leaking coolant. Also, at idle this morning there was only cool air coming out of the vents with the heater on full blast...this was after 10-15 min of warmup and a 15-20 min drive (interstate) to work in about 40*F weather. I thought the thermostat might be stuck open making the vents cold, but due to the coolant on the ground I feel I may have bigger issues...thoughts?

dmd

Reaction score
6.0 and coolant leak. Dont see EGR De-lete or oil cooler replacement on your list of
completed projects.

Check all of the obvious like water pump and hoses.

Arkansas89

Reaction score
No leaks from pump or hoses that I can see. The truck has not been studded/******d yet...thinking about doing it now and getting a billet water pump, I'm sure somewhere through the process the leak would be found

Arkansas89

Reaction score
Well, coolant leak was found at the radiator...plastic tank separated from the core. I ordered an Alradco radiator. EGR cooler was also cracked. Good thing I decided to just go ahead with the rebuild...

Latest posts

Members online