Nitto 555's vs Toyo Proxes ST II's

imelmo

Reaction score
Wondering what everyone's opinions of these two tires are. I'm going to be going with one or the other while I save up for some 17x10 wheels and the M&H drag radials.

It's narrowed down to these two because my current wheels are 18x10 and unfortunately the regular Toyo Proxes ST's aren't made in anything lower than a 20" wheel now. Thanks, Obama!

Biggest difference I see in the two size-wise is the Nittos are 28.5" tall and the Proxes are 31.5" tall. Plugging the rear end/final drive ratio to the calculator it says with the 28.5" tall tire I would be just over 128mph at 4000rpm. That is right about the mph the calculator puts me in the 1/4 with the trucks diet. I actually had the Nittos mounted on these wheels before I decided to go with the lift and 37's and they looked really good.

Tread-wize, the Nittos definitely look more aggressive. They look more like the regular Proxes ST's. The ST II's have a little more of a street tire look so I'm worried about how well they will launch, especially in Mexico.

So anyway, what are people's experiences with each?

TLyons90

Reaction score
I have heard that the ST IIs are a far cry from the original STs when it comes to hooking up at all. The NT555s are a nasty tire with a softer compound if I am not mistaken and therefore giving you better track traction but less street life. If it came down to ST IIs vs the basic ***** Nitto 420s I would take the 420s all day and the NT555s are a lot better than the 420s. Just my opinions tho.

NT 555 FTW!!!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The 555r's hook like a mother ***ker on a mustang. Bet it would hook awesome at all 4 corners...

Latest posts

Members online