No Heat

Opz350

Reaction score
When the temperature is really cold outside, like below 20, my truck won't blow hot air. The air coming out is ice cold, not even a little hot. I can start it and let it sit until it's at full operating temp and no heat... Then when it's just a little warmer, say in the 30's, seems to work fine? I drove it with no heat at all the other morning and after about 20 mins of driving it was like a light switch, went from ice cold air to 90 degree air instantly. Worked fine the rest of the day and the next week or two, then next super cold day, 5 degrees, did the same thing...zero heat. Later in the day, all the sudden heat starts to work perfectly again! Next day, 12 degrees, no heat. After it warmed up to about 40 outside went out started it, within 5 minutes, engine not even up to temp yet, I had heat....

This is getting real old real quick!? Is it the blend door probably? That's the best that I can come up with? It's just strange that it only does it when it's extremely cold, above 30 or so, it has worked. Anyone else had this issue?

08 F450

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fubolislif22

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing, but blew cold all the time. It ended up being the passenger blend door. Cheap part, and my old man did it in no time.

sootie

Reaction score
likely blend door actuator. Could also be failing water pump or blown headgaskets.

Latest posts

Members online