Check Engine Light Truck Running Rough

Bruno2

Reaction score
Recently the CEL has been coming on after the truck starts and runs for about 5 seconds. It runs fine until the light comes on. Truck has no power, gets terrible mileage and runs like it is out of time.

The IPR has been cleaned with the last year. I swapped the CPS as well as the ICP. This did not cure it. The truck runs the same when the connection is pulled off of the ICP and with any one of the UVC plugs pulled.

I am having some software issues with the Auto Engenuity Scan tool. I cant pull codes or run any live stream data on it yet. Hopefully , this will be ready soon.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Bruno2

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty getting autoenginuity to connect to the truck. I finally got to pull codes off of it. The scanner seems as though it will not communicate with the truck even though it says it's connected and initiated. Eventually I did get it to give me a set of trouble codes. However Kama it will not respond when I try to get live data.

Bruno2

Reaction score
191684160_637d4d5d3a3888b308201d0c52477cd9ef89f725.jpg

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Now you need to know what your IPR is doing. Sounds like it's stuck closed but what is the computer telling it to do. See if you can find the duty cycle.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Check the connector at the IPR. Make sure there aren't wires touching each other.

Bruno2

Reaction score
I could read pressure on a mechanical gauge attached to the Head. However, when I select injection control pressure on my autoenginuity scanner it only shows 724 PSI and will not move regardless of how high RPM on running.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Computer is going into default when you see that pressure from the computer.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Something is making the IPR stay closed. Might be something in the IPR, electrical issue, or computer issue.

Bruno2

Reaction score
I am going to clean and put new O rings on my spare IPR then swap it today. The wires looked good and I moved them all around to see if that would give me an indication. I also tapped on the IPR while it was running in case something was in it. I will report back after the swap.

Bruno2

Reaction score
I am going to clean, put new O rings and then swap in my spare IPR today. I checked the wires at the plug and moved them all around when it was running to see if it would act funny or clear up. I also tapped on the IPR in case it would free the plunger up. I will report back with results.

Latest posts

Members online