"new" OEM TPMS tripping fault light

RyanD

Reaction score
Guys,

I tried the search but couldn't find relevant info, so if this is a duplicate post, I apologize.

My '13 Lariat came stock with 18" wheels (verified on the door sticker as well). About 18 months ago, I bought a set of platinum 20s with stock Michelins. Obviously, when I installed them, I got the TPMS light. I ignored it for awhile, but I'd like to take care of it if possible without visiting the dealer.

I've seen other threads that say you need the little remote, others that say all you do is the relearn procedure in the manual. I tried the relearn procedure to no avail.

My question is do new/different sensors need the remote or do I need to go to the dealer to have the initial recognition done? I was thinking about going over to Discount to have them rotated and ask if they can learn them.

Also, what pressure do you guys run? Mine were all around 75psi.

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
Discount tire can likely train the sensors to the truck as they've probably bought the remote by now. But otherwise I think you'll have to go to the dealer to have the initial recognition, or buy the tool yourself (~$20ish bucks)

I personally run about 60 up front and 50 in the rear, makes for a little less of a pogo-stick ride

sootie

Reaction score
you are sure the new wheels have tpms sensors?

two ways to tune it off-borrow someones H&S tuner or get the FORScan app and change it yourself.

RyanD

Reaction score
I'm sure they do. How can I do it in FORScan? Haven't been able to figure out how

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
How literate are you with the program? It's in the BCM module programming.

Enter BdyCM Module Configuration (As Built Format)
code to disable TPMS:
Line 726-22-01 0004 xxxx xxxx

X's being numbers that are already there, just leave them

-OR-

To change the pressure threshold
Enter BdyCM Module Config (not the As Built Format)
should be the option in there to change pressures, or go visit anyone with an IDS and they can change it

RyanD

Reaction score
I have hooked it all up and scanned some things, but I'm comfortable with the steps above - I'll try it and see. Thanks!!

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score

RyanD

Reaction score
Just did it in the parking lot at work while waiting for the truck to heat up. Worked like a charm! Thanks again!!

RyanD

Reaction score
Disabled - I figured that was the best way since the sensors had never been initially learned to the truck. Thanks!

Swampfox

Reaction score
On my 2012 I never had to relearn the new sensors in my American Force wheels and Toyo M/T's. I put them on and drove about 20 mins and the TPMS light went out. The factory wheels and tires had the original sensors in them.

Latest posts

Members online