6.0 injectors replacement guide needed

ja_cain

Reaction score
Happy New Years guys! Need to source a nice injector replacement guide for 6.0 injectors. Pics would be great. It is an early 04 ex. Any info/help would be greatly appreciated!

Justin

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
What exactly are you looking for?
Just something comprehensive with pictures and tools required. The guide from swamps looks good even though it doesn't have any pics. Trying to help a buddy out that's never done it before.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Also, are the Motorcraft injectors ok? Thanks for any help!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I can give ya a list of tools, but even fords chit doesnt have many pics, and only lists off special tools.

Tools i use-
1/4 drive deep 8, 10, 11, 12, 13
1/4 drive shallow 8, 10, t30 if late build
1/4 in air ratchet
12in 1/4 in extension
3in 1/4 in extension
Ratcheting 12mm wrenvh
1/4 dr ratchet
12pt 19mm shallow or injector harness removal tool
Die grinder wrenches, or hi pressure line disconnect
Snap On longish t40, or a modified long t40 to fit. Snap ons is slightly shorter and is a 1/4in shank instead of 3/8 for the bit
3/8 air ratchet
3/8 torque wrench
Bungee cord for holding the degas out of the way
Slip joint pliers
Something to plug the degas hoses and nipples with

I think thats about it. I use the ratcheting 12mm on the bottom 3 valve cover bolts on the passenger.side that are uner the evap box and for the bolt in the middle of the valve cover on the back by the firewall on the drivers side. The 12in extension and a universal 1/4dr wobbly make removing the trans dipstick tube from the valve cover really easy. I take off the hose from the intake to the degas at the degas and plug it. I then remove the other hose from the radiator and loop it around, and plug the nipple on the radiator. If its an early build the ratchet is needed for a couple of the oil rail bolts. If its late, a 1/4in dr t30 with a 1/4in ratcheting wrench run up the bit for breaking 2 of the rail bolts loose works.

Hope that helps.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Also, are the Motorcraft injectors ok? Thanks for any help!

Sorry i was in the middle of wrining my book lol. Motorcraft injectors are good. If you want aftermarket, id recommend having Rykan with Holders go thru them and maybe bump them up a little.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I can give ya a list of tools, but even fords chit doesnt have many pics, and only lists off special tools.

Tools i use-
1/4 drive deep 8, 10, 11, 12, 13
1/4 drive shallow 8, 10, t30 if late build
1/4 in air ratchet
12in 1/4 in extension
3in 1/4 in extension
Ratcheting 12mm wrenvh
1/4 dr ratchet
12pt 19mm shallow or injector harness removal tool
Die grinder wrenches, or hi pressure line disconnect
Snap On longish t40, or a modified long t40 to fit. Snap ons is slightly shorter and is a 1/4in shank instead of 3/8 for the bit
3/8 air ratchet
3/8 torque wrench
Bungee cord for holding the degas out of the way
Slip joint pliers
Something to plug the degas hoses and nipples with

I think thats about it. I use the ratcheting 12mm on the bottom 3 valve cover bolts on the passenger.side that are uner the evap box and for the bolt in the middle of the valve cover on the back by the firewall on the drivers side. The 12in extension and a universal 1/4dr wobbly make removing the trans dipstick tube from the valve cover really easy. I take off the hose from the intake to the degas at the degas and plug it. I then remove the other hose from the radiator and loop it around, and plug the nipple on the radiator. If its an early build the ratchet is needed for a couple of the oil rail bolts. If its late, a 1/4in dr t30 with a 1/4in ratcheting wrench run up the bit for breaking 2 of the rail bolts loose works.

Hope that helps.
Thanks a million man! Will forward this on to him.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Sorry i was in the middle of wrining my book lol. Motorcraft injectors are good. If you want aftermarket, id recommend having Rykan with Holders go thru them and maybe bump them up a little.
10-4. Thanks for the info.

Reaction score

I would also recommend Rykan @ Holders. Excellent quality AND customer service. Pleasure to do business with!

ja_cain

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank you guys for providing so much good information on the 6.0 injector swap. My buddy was able to do it in 4 hours. He has never worked on this platform either. He made it a point to call and tell me how helpful the info was. He did say that his body was hurting bad after the job though. I forgot to tell him that he could have borrowed my topside creeper. Lol!

Anyway, I was thinking of tearing an injector or two down to see what was going on inside. zip suspect it was the fuel side that is jacked since he had a broken and clogged pickup. Does anyone know if it's fairly easy to tear an injector down? Any videos/writeups out there? Would appreciate any info.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Its not too bad, i took one apart when i was debating doing elites diy injector upgrades. Just make sure you have a bench with a vice that is secured very well to something that doesnt move. When i first tried breaking the injector body loose, the bench came with it as it is on wheels. Took two buddies holding the bench to break it loose. If you are not planning on reusing them, you can just clamp the bottom half in a vice. If you plan on reusing them, id figure out a clamp. Elite has one in their kit, and i had heard there are a couple other people making them, but didnt really look into it once i decided to have Rykan at holders do them.

Latest posts

Members online