anybody still running a srp1.1?

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
I was running one that had been rebuilt by Gary right before he closed his doors. It destroyed itself a couple of months ago with probably 25k on it and it sent so much billet material through the oil pump it busted the oil pump. I was going to have Dyno Proven make it a Senior but decided to go with the more reliable Junior instead. I would have the pump upgraded to a senior or junior sooner than later. The trucks power is much smoother now and better to drive.

superpsd

Reaction score
I rolled the dice on a Srp1.1 off of ebay for cheap and had it directly shipped to Dyno proven for the transformation into a SR pump and it has been in a year now without an issue. In the end it worked out well as I paid less than buying a Jr pump.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I have an srp1 on the shelf someone sent in as a core that had been disassembled. Guess they wanted to know why it failed. Make an offer if anyone wants it.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I bought one brand new and something internal broke after 15k or so. I sent it back to stealth and when it came back supposedly fixed it was still not working properly. I swapped in an adrenaline and homemade gen3 and never looked back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I bought one brand new and something internal broke after 15k or so. I sent it back to stealth and when it came back supposedly fixed it was still not working properly. I swapped in an adrenaline and homemade gen3 and never looked back

you get that gen 3 working propper? what was the total price that you had into it? pm if you want..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Optimator82

Reaction score
I picked up a used one awhile back but had Dyno Proven go through it here recently and convert it to their Honey Badger senior pump before I installed it on my truck. It's only been on my truck for 2 months with less than 1k on it and still running stock injectors too but planning on upgrading them here soon to either 160/30 or 175/80. I know I'll never have to worry about running out of oil with my planned injector upgrade either with that pump. So far the HB SR has run flawlessly in the short time it's been on my truck.

fastersteve

Reaction score
Knocks on wood...I have 72K trouble free miles on my 1.1. No doubt it'll explode next time I'm 40 miles from home.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Some worked great while others didn't work so well. My brothers tore up and sent metal through the injectors causing him to send them back to be gone through. In my opinion I would not spend the money on something that might break the next day of driving

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Mine blew in less than 5k miles. What a mess that was. Caused 3k of damage to the injectors and HPOP system. No wonder the guy ran for the hills.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
Some have had success or are they just running around with a ticking time bomb ready to explode and take out the injectors.
Anyone interested in getting a SRP upgraded to SR for a few hundred can get taken care of at Dyno proven. Sounds like a few SR pumps are out there without issue. I don't run mine that hard but it's seen a year of daily use. They do have a video on thier FB page of what they do to upgrade thier hpops. Down to the clips they use and process of rebuilding and where the weak spots are on even factory pumps etc...

Mine blew in less than 5k miles. What a mess that was. Caused 3k of damage to the injectors and HPOP system. No wonder the guy ran for the hills.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think Tycor said Gary was looking at going from building Hpops to HPFPs can you imagine. He can't get Hpops right but wanted to build HPFPs which have tighter tolerances I believe.

Last edited:

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I'm running the t500 and no issues so far. I would really like to get my hands on the HB SR. and

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
A t500 HB jr or an adrenaline will hold up to around 250/100 injectors. So it's all up to your end goal. I have never used a HB SR so I don't know about that one. A gen 3 will hold anything you throw at it. A set of duals will hold big injectors as well and they are smoother running and better for street trucks

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I have a gen 3 on my personal truck and I have rode in others with bts twins. With those twins you have two iprs so the first crank up isn't rough like with a gen 3 because it sucks all the oil out of the reservoir. Some people claim with a gen 3 after a hard run the truck will stall which I have never experienced. With twins it is just a smoother oil flow because of the extra ipr and two stock pumps. These are just my opinions from experiences I'm sure other people have had other experiences

ja_cain

Reaction score
So I ended up buying that SRP from Tim after talking to KC at DP. Super nice fellow and very conversational. He said they charge $400 to do the conversion now. I was a little worried about purchasing a paperweight, but he said that if it was pretty much and most of the parts were reusable then it was a smoking deal. We'll see. :) It will be nice to have this as a backup pump if the stocker have isn't up to the task after replacing my injectors sometime this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online