Cold Air Intake

jmm2262

Reaction score
Truck is 2012 6.7 and is pretty much stock. Only mods done was a recent weight reduction by installing 4in straight pipe (d_pf back is stock), No Limit Fabrication block plates, and the Ez Lynk w/ PPEI tunes. I dont see going over the 100hp tune which i believe its the street tune from PPEI.

I never added a cold air intake or looked into one, so been looking around and reading on the internet, through forums, etc. I'm little confuse by the terms "stage 1", "stage 2", "pre filter", etc.

Looking for a nice setup that will easily fit since (EGR cooler still in place), help lower the EGT/engine temps, and little increase throttle response/power without breaking the bank even further...wife isnt happy with what i did already (LOL) but its becoming an addiction now.

Just wanted to see what others have and the pro's/con's of the different ones out there. I would prefer to get a setup that doesn't require tuning in case i ever have to revert back to stock.

getstroked27

Reaction score
Stage one (4.5") no limit Would work perfectly fine for what you have. Pre-filters are just the "filter sock" that wraps over the filter.

TLyons90

Reaction score
Haha, my wife isn't happy either since I got mine...

My plan is either a No Limits Stage 2 or a S&B as I have had them in the past and loved them...

brown1

Reaction score
i am in the process of doing the same. is an intake required for the more mild tunes? i came from an ecoboost in which there is a lot of research showing stock filterbox and piping provided plenty of air even for aggressive mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmm2262

Reaction score
Not sure if I want to get the raw and powder coat it to match color of truck, leave it as is (raw), get the polished version, or get painted black? Currently, a lot of plastic under the hood, but when the funds come available plan on changing some of it. Really like the flat black look when it's cleaned.

What filter option do you all recommend? I'm deciding between oiled and the pg7. I've coming from k&n for quite some time now. I'm from south Louisiana, do a lot of highway driving with the occasional off-road use for hunting and fishing, other than that, not really a dusty environment.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure if I want to get the raw and powder coat it to match color of truck, leave it as is (raw), get the polished version, or get painted black? Currently, a lot of plastic under the hood, but when the funds come available plan on changing some of it. Really like the flat black look when it's cleaned.

What filter option do you all recommend? I'm deciding between oiled and the pg7. I've coming from k&n for quite some time now. I'm from south Louisiana, do a lot of highway driving with the occasional off-road use for hunting and fishing, other than that, not really a dusty environment.

dry filter with a prefilter. done .

Latest posts

Members online