New from Illinois

drain_bamage_

Reaction score
Good morning powerstroke army. My name is Sean and I am from Illinois. I am completely new the the world of diesel trucks. I have always been a ford guy but have no working knowledge of the diesel world. I have been doing research for about 2 months now on the 6.4 and the 6.7. The 6.4 was my first choice but they have held their value so well that i can get a comparable 6.7 with no rust for darn near the same price. I have come across a very nice 2012 with 111k on the clock. It is a one owner with a clean carfax a spotless oasis and the dealer sold, maintained and took the truck back in trade. There was nothing negative at all on the oasis and the oil was changed every 7k, fuel filters every14 k, and has had 3 coolant flushes in its life. All done at this one dealership. It seems to be on the up and up, bit ive never purchased a vehicle with this many miles. The turbo issues have me a little nervous but I've seen nothing on the oasis that indicates there were issues with this vehicle. I know how to check the moisture trap, and have coolant strips. What else should i look for mechanically? About how many miles should i get before having to sink money into the front end componets? Almost forgot, this truck has no evidence of a 5th wheel nor does it have a hitch on the back end. Seems weird. I do plan on doing a full exhaust, ****** egr and a tune. ( more for longevity and mileage over power) Thanks for your time guys and all imput is much appreciated.

TLyons90

Reaction score
Welcome!

I honestly wouldn't sweat it with that many miles. Obviously the main concern is the turbo, but worse case you can do a 15 upgrade when the 12 goes out for right around 1800 plus labor.

Take a look at the hour meter down in the truck information. See what kind of idle hours and engine hours it has and report back.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.