Time for a Sig Update I guess.

Reaction score
Been on here a long time. Outlasted most of the folks I knew in the beginning. Both my trucks still going strong, some upgraded in the future yet.
I guess it has been 6 years since I updated the sig, I have been doing the mechanic gig for 38 years now, been a maintenance manager 30 years. Currently have over 100 trucks in San Jose CA, mostly Cummins CNG.

Reaction score
Hah good you are still around. Yes, I'm the Maintenance Manager for a major garbage company in San Jose. Over 100 trucks, mostly CNG. 16 mechanic shop. Go back to the ranch on the weekends.

Spent a year and a half in Kalispell and Hamilton Montana. The Bitterroots, the Missions, and Flathead lake were spectacular as well as the people. Can't figure out why I came back..........

Last edited:

F350BOB

Reaction score
I haven't been on here long but was always a lurker. I was on the Diesel Stop back in the day. I wonder how many of us who had these almost antique trucks from new or almost new like me 2,000mi . still have them? Since the 6.0 I have no desire for a new f350. Although the lure of cheap easy power of the 6.4 had me curious reading of all their problems on forums quickly cured that itch. I guess it's also good a common working family man can't afford /justify a 60k truck. Does your company still use the idi's in their fleet?. If so that's amazing since most companys replace with newer stuff long before the old is worn out. I had a 86 f350 crew cab 6.9 t19 4x4 that I daily drove a few years sadly I had to sell it shortly after I got married no time for projects. My 97 f350 actually survived a lot of "toy" sales as I told my wife it will carry my casket to my grave...

Reaction score
Go back even further to Jason's Powerstroke Page on Abingdon Online! I lurked there for a bit before joining F-D.com in Feb 2000. Cheers!

F350BOB

Reaction score
I forgot about the name change.I remember it got goofy at the end and I think it became like tdr where you had to pay. This was back in the day when we were putting bb's and different springs in the side of the fuel bowl. Also the 10k ?? resistor mods. I really don't think any of that stuff really worked. I took out the resistors but still have the better spring that came from the dealer in the regulator. I gave up looking for power on the powerstroke and bought a 97 12 valve that was fun for a while then got married bought a house the toys had to go. I loved the cummins eng but the dodge was a total pos..I never really wanted to mess with the injectors or fuel system on my 7.3 since it always worked and back then this stuff was crazy expensive. Not to mention I know as soon as any real power is run through the e40d its days are numbered.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Just chiming in.
Back in March 2001, my '96 (I bought new in Feb '96) died and left me on the side of the road. Had it towed to a local diesel shop as it was 1 month out of warranty. Cost me $1200 to get my truck back. I drove it home and immediately went online, found F-D.com and the rest is history.
Amazing how things have grown from this crazy hobby for a lot of us.

old man dave

Reaction score
I started on FTE. Then found the other sites. Used to post as Masami until I got tired of saying what it meant. Been wasting my time with you guys ever since.

Remember reading the posts about the guy who started playing with injectors, was broke and made a set of injectors in exchange for moving him back east where he had a job offer to build injectors. The rest was history for that guy.

Last edited:

JCart

Reaction score
Yup my '91 had a cavitational porosity issue causing new engine back in 1995. Can't remember the site but I think morphed into TheDieselStop.com then over to here some time later. I can say if it where not for kind folks on these sites I'd not own a 7.3....

jrc

Reaction score
YEP I remember Masami!

I started on FTE. Then found the other sites. Used to post as Masami until I got tired of saying what it meant. Been wasting my time with you guys ever since.

Remember reading the posts about the guy who started playing with injectors, was broke and made a set of injectors in exchange for moving him back east where he had a job offer to build injectors. The rest was history for that guy.

Reaction score
I'm thinking I started lurking on F-D.com or TDS in 2001 when I got serious looking for a CCSB. Took me a year to find one with a stick. Paid 17k for it in 2003. Probably get that today with the ads I see.

I do remember how pissed I was when TDS got taken over and lost the old yellow screen and all my PM's with no warning. There was supposed to be a way to get back to the old site. Never made it work.

Lots of people on here I'm glad to know. There used to be a guy from the bay area that signed every post aloha, real name of Kyle. Had a nice truck he used everyday. Had CaryT do a RSK D60 job on it. Haven't seen him on for a while hope he's ok.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Anyone remember Steve Baz, from CA I think?
Did a lot to his truck and was super helpful with ANYTHING you needed to know about these older trucks.

rusty1161

Reaction score

That's an easy name for me to remember. My dad and son share "Masami" as their middle names!

Anyone else remember Smokeywren or Hutchinagusta?

Rusty

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.