Rocker Arms

02blue

Reaction score
Rebuilt engine, running great for about 2500 miles, then the moor started running rough, check with computer #6 cylinder not functioning. Pulled the valve cover, sure enough intake rocker was broke, it snapped the top of 1 of the valve stems above the keeper. The rockers were new for the motor build, I searched for aftermarket rockers, no luck. So is there anything out there to improve the rockers life span, besides replacing them with new?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Some people swap the 6.0 arms onto the 6.4 assembly....not sure how well that has ended up though.

Unfortunately no aftermarket rocker arm setups. Those and a better casted head are the last two things that 6.4's really need that no one has made for the 6.4

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
We use 6.0 rockers. No issues yet and we've put a couple sets on. All used ones from core engines.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

imelmo

Reaction score
I want to say Empire Diesel has some or is working on some.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
there are sharp edges where the rockers attach in the middle. That creates a stress riser and then the crack forms from there and then breaks. They are a little bit of a fuse however so that's not a big deal.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Sounds like some of you folks have alot more going on than weak rockers.
I have quite a few miles on mine with 120 lbs springs, and they still looked great last time I had it apart.

Spectre32

Reaction score
there are sharp edges where the rockers attach in the middle. That creates a stress riser and then the crack forms from there and then breaks. They are a little bit of a fuse however so that's not a big deal.

So why not smooth out the edges?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So why not smooth out the edges?

Like stated above you there might be a underlying issue. There is a slight radius in that area but they are stamped steel and not very strong to begin with.

Anyone have any close up pictures of the breaks on their rockers? I would like to take a look at them.

Thanks,