exhaust manifold gasket

Twinboys

Reaction score
My glow plug controller failed. When trying to start without glow plugs, I noticed exhaust coming from exhaust manifold gasket around cylinder 8. I was thinking of pulling just those two bolts and slipping in a new gasket and re-torqueing around just that one port. thoughts?

...And yes, I know this is not the proper way to do this, and I don't need a lecture. I'm interested to know if you think it will work (and why or why not) or if it has been tried.

Lipka101

Reaction score
My glow plug controller failed. When trying to start without glow plugs, I noticed exhaust coming from exhaust manifold gasket around cylinder 8. I was thinking of pulling just those two bolts and slipping in a new gasket and re-torqueing around just that one port. thoughts?

...And yes, I know this is not the proper way to do this, and I don't need a lecture. I'm interested to know if you think it will work (and why or why not) or if it has been tried.
There is no gasket on the 6.0. You can get a gasket for a 6.4 that will work on a 6.0. You will have to remove all bolts to slip gasket between mani and head. They are not separate gaskets for each cylinder. Before going through all that work just try to re torque the bolts first.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Twinboys

Reaction score
I read that it may only leak when cold, so....

TSB 05-13-9 says put in gasket 6C3Z-9448-A if leaking.

First I will try to back out those two bolts, chase threads, and install new bolts.

Latest posts

Members online