BACKFIRE

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Hey guys, kinda stumped here.

Just finished putting a fuel pump in to fix an erratic fuel pressure(20-60psi crusing down the highway), While I was there I also shimmed the FPR with a 4-40 screw. I had to remove the turbo too, I could not get that dam Banjo bolt back on.

Anyway, went for a quick ride. Under acceleration at about 2800rpm it just looses power and Boost INSTANTLY goes to zero, And it also backfired on me 3 times(I can see the glow of flames out passenger window) and LOUD Booff like almost a intercooler hose blowing.

97 5 speed EBPV ******, blank pedestal, 4" exhaust, ******** tunes.

I am wondering if somehow the hose at the turbo is sucking itself shut and blocking off airflow. It is not the original orange one, it is I THINK a Diesel site one, maybe Riffraff one

bluedge8

Reaction score
Correct, they eliminated those words so the e p a has more trouble searching for them.
did you install a mech pump or electric?

mandkole

Reaction score
CPS misfire.... my situation was slightly different, but same 2' flame out the pipe lol.

I ended up having dying issues and changed it out.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Just replace the Mechanical with a delphi mechanical.

I believe I fixed it. I must not of had the intake hose on correctly and it was slightly kinked and when it built enough boot is sucked it shut.

Anyway, I repositioned the hose and left the mid hose off and went for a ride. Not loss of boost and no back fire. Installed the mid hose and went for another ride. No problems

I tell you what, when it first happened. Made my A$$hole pucker. its not every day you hear that boom and see a flame out the side of your truck

Latest posts

Members online