Reaction score
Hey guys. I bought the sinister complete kit for my truck
Arp studs
Ford head gaskets
Up dated stand pipes
Stc
Oil cooler
Egr cooler
And some other micsilanious stuff that came in the kit.

My question is. What should this cost to have some one install ?

Also thinking I should probably do injectors while I am this far.
So I have been lookin online. Why the huge price difference in them ? Some are 1600 some are 2600 for the advertised same ??

Thanks in advance !

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Expect somewhere from 20-30 hours charge in labor for that. Plus machining if the heads are going out. Somewhere around 4k for install would be about right.

As far as injectors, contact Rykan with holders diesel on here. Ive been running his for a while now with no complainys. I think he is 04stroker on here.

06Amarillo

Reaction score
Are diesels heads any more to have machined ? We had the aluminum heads done on our 555 bbc and I think it was around 100-150 per head ?

And yes I seen holders own performance had WDI injectors. Then I looked at WDI and they were $800 more so in just trying to learn what's the catch ? Also what's everyone talking about hybrid injectors what's the scoop on those ?

08Monster

Reaction score
Are diesels heads any more to have machined ? We had the aluminum heads done on our 555 bbc and I think it was around 100-150 per head ?

And yes I seen holders own performance had WDI injectors. Then I looked at WDI and they were $800 more so in just trying to learn what's the catch ? Also what's everyone talking about hybrid injectors what's the scoop on those ?
Hybrids use less oil so you can use a bigger CC injector and not drop ICP like you would with a conventional.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

04stroker

Reaction score

Holders Diesel and Holderdown Performance are two different company's. The above was referring to Holders Diesel which we build our own injectors. Holderdown sells WDI injectors two different brands of injectors.

But to answer your question different shops build with different parts. It is pretty much "you get what you pay for". The cheaper $1000-1500 sets of injectors are typically built from older used cores and do not have a lot of parts replaced in them mainly just major wear items such as seals, springs and typically nozzles so they can be more troublesome. Where the $2500-3500 sets of injectors are typically built from remans that have a lot of new parts in them such as spool valve, plunger, piston and new solenoids. Those with all newer parts obviously last much longer but cost more as well.

06Amarillo

Reaction score
So quick question. I assume the only advantage to the hybrid is that you don't have to buy a high volume OP? Also. 25 hours at how much an hour ?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Around here, most shops are from 100-120 per hour. And judging by your spelling, thats american dollars. :)

06Amarillo

Reaction score
Canadian EH. Haha. Ya I guess that won't happen. I think you guys are 25 cents on the dollar right now ? Or more

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
06 Amarillo where are you located?

About the same up here, 25-30 hours and average shop rate 100-120 an hour. Total job parts and labour usually runs about $7000 including sending the heads out to be checked and work done if necessary.